Plymouth away - 2nd May (bank hols)

Due to a late change in plans i need to change my travel arrangements. Is anyone getting the train from southampton? Its me and my nipper going, quite happy to join in on a groupsave if anyone needs extra bodies to make it up

My brother and I could be interested in doing a Groupsave for Four with you if you're still looking...?

Can't find anyone with spares in the away end so will prob end up geting tickets in the home end. Anyone know stands / areas to avoid? Also those of you in the home end where are you sat?

The Saints fans are in the Barn Park stand.

The corner of the Lyndhurst and Barn Park is where the 'noisy' locals congregate.

We have tickets in the home stand, the Devonport stand.

come and join us...

The Saints fans are in the Barn Park stand.

The corner of the Lyndhurst and Barn Park is where the 'noisy' locals congregate.

We have tickets in the home stand, the Devonport stand.

come and join us...

Thanks Hemel Saint, I'll look into the Devonport then!

With it being so important if we score/win I couldn't contain myself if I was in the home end. Done it before at White hart Lane and Villa park and got away with it. Fortunately I am in with the Saints fans this time. Just how many do we reckon are gonna be in the Plymouth fans??

A mate got a ticket in the home end, luckily he sent some bird he works with who lives in Plymouth to their Ticket Office. Apparently they gave her a right grilling as to whether it was for a Plymouth or a Saints fan. Needless to say that I'm sorted in the away end, happy days!

Has anybody got a good pub recommendation? I can't see the Wetherspoons being much use; the internet suggests it's predominantly home fans, doesn't like away fans showing colours and usually operates a 'one in one out' policy on matchdays as it is so busy.

The Uglyinside mentiones the Pennycomequick, but I can't actually find that on Google maps. I guess it's near the roundabout of the same name.

Has anybody got a good pub recommendation? I can't see the Wetherspoons being much use; the internet suggests it's predominantly home fans, doesn't like away fans showing colours and usually operates a 'one in one out' policy on matchdays as it is so busy.

The Uglyinside mentiones the Pennycomequick, but I can't actually find that on Google maps. I guess it's near the roundabout of the same name.

The Pennycomequick has been converted into student flats!

I am going to the Brittania - the only pub close to the ground. Otherwise, there are plenty of pubs in Stoke Village, 20 mins walk away, which usually see some Saints fans. The Stoke Inn, The Blockhouse, Oddfellows, etc...

Get up to Mutley Plain and into The Fortescue or Hyde Park - the only two proper pubs in the area (Fortescue particularly good for ales!). Turn right out of the train station and follow the line for about 10 minutes until you get to Mutley Baptist Church. The Fortescue is half way up and Hyde Park is right at the top where the road forks - just follow the left fork and cut left down one of the side roads to Central Park and the ground. This route may look a little longer on the map, but believe me, it cuts out the steepest part of the climb into the park!

Once the game is over (and you no longer care what your beer tastes like!) there is a good bar crawl to be done back down Mutley, North Hill, and into town - Mannamead, Cafe Sol, Dog & Duck, Mutley Crown, Boomerangs, The Junction, Mousetrap, Cuba/Air, Skiving Scholar, Fresher & Professor, Ride, The Roundabout, Voodoo & on - if you are still standing after that lot I will buy you a drink! See you there!