I am done with this folly....

Colinjb

Lowe's involvement is counterproductive. He should step down and hand the plc chairmanship over to someone like Salz. Andrew Cowen could takover Lowe's executive role and Crouch could be offered a role on the football club board. The plc board could include: Salz, Jones, Cowen, & Wilde.

IMHO the board needs someone from the Corbett family...But the rest is absolutely correct.

TBF, Sundance has a very valid point.

His only point is that somehow a supporter has a duty always to be a supporter however the club is run.

Sorry, that isn't a definition of a supporter, it is the definition of a sycophant.

To be a supporter, one choses from alternatives and willingly makes a choice to support something worthy of support.

Lowe has made it crystal clear he thinks supporters should be a bunch of uncritical mindless followers, who should spend their money on his product irrespective of its worthiness , its quality or its value.

And not only that, he has insulted them when they express their opinions.

Lowe sounds as if he learned business from Gerald Ratner. Well, look what happened to him.

I believe if Leon Crouch had been the chairman loaning out SJ we would not have liked it but it would not have been the issue it is now. Lord Lowe is the problem and only those who havenot followed Saints closely over the last 10 years could be in any doubt as to why. He has to distance himself from the club via a proxy of his own shareholding but he has too much arrogance to admit he is wrong and act in the clubs best interests.

The same Leon Crouch who allowed the wage expenditure to increase whilst income was dwindling? What a superb idea that would be! We can carry on signing players on decent money, call back the loanees, stick our fingers in our ear when the bank calls and hope everything will be alright!

So let me get this straight .

Your argument is that Leon Crouch acted in error when he sanctioned the emergency loan of Richard Wright when all 3 senior SFC keepers were simultaneously injured ?

When Andrew Davies fractured his cheek bone and Wayne Thomas was also out injured we should not have agreed the short term loans of Chris Lucketti or Chris Perry as we clearly had no need for experienced defenders at that time .

Can I take it that you consider these loans played no significant part in our survival last season and thus the relatively minor expense involved was largely unjustified ? Perhaps you would have preferred we were relegated last season - I can't say I agree but that does seem the logic of your argument . :confused:

Must get alot in - my last post of today.... sadly ;-)

I would have no problem with an alternative chairman - as I have have said on too many occasions to remember, for me its never been about WHO, more about what they do/are doing that concerns me. So I guess my question would be, what would Cowen or Salz be doing any differently to what is happenning at the moment that would change our fortunes? Wes, if UP has given a credible answer already, fair enough, but I have missed that and all I see is this continual debate.... all I want to do is go to the game and enjoy it as best I can - sure its crap at the moment, but I dont go to support LOwe, I go to support the likes of Surman, lallana and the other kids who still give a feck. If we continue to moan, and stayw away, what message do thes eyoung players get about whether its worth staying until the summer and helping this club? What does it sya about our support.... as I understood it, support was about supporting the club, not the personalities in the boardroom?

I think we have too many intertwined issues that different fans are more interested in - there are some for who Lowe and Wilde out is some sort of strange cult fixation... not really sure about this group as it appears from their posts that this is tehir reason fro existence and more important than Saints - these tend to be those that bizarrely also suggest relegation and admin would be good!!!

There are those that feel Lowe and Wildes big mistake has been this strategy of Kids and total football - and I dont think anyone could argue that its been a roaring success - I fully understand that POV, and to some extent agree, but for me its also about TIME, these things do need toime to develop, time for the kids to get experienced and learn etc... do we have the luxury of that time given the risk....? I dont know and obviously the longer we go without another win the worse it gets.... but could we have survived financially with the tried and tested model of experience and youth blend under a Pearson? Naturally in the crystal ball, YES of course we would be top half and pushing for playoffs and teh banks would be less stressed .... but is this true? Would they not have still insisted big wage earners are dumped from the books? Is there an alternative to this? Would someone else in the boardroom have taken a different option?

There are also those who equally bizarrely, dont think anything is actually going wrong... but hey I'll have some of what they are smoking before tonights game! ;-)

We need to decide on what is more important to us to understand.... are we prepared to accept that whoever is in the boardroom would be following this cheap approach to avoid the nightmares of administration and that if not the best option ceratinly not the worst and get behind the team and, Is it not really true that you can love the club, be indifferent to teh board or even dislike them, but ultimately, when it comes to supporting those who need it most - the team of kids doing their bit for the shirt, we should bloodly well get behind them despite our feelings towards the board?

Speak again tomorrow....

Well said, Frank! You need to pay up so you can post more often - the voice of sanity.

Why can't people just admit that they don't have the stomach for the tough times that lie ahead for saints, and stop hiding behind this 'i hate lowe' ********? The problem is that we have no money and without investment we will struggle for the foreseeable future, without the support of the fans the club faces a real crisis. If you want to blame Lowe for everything at least propose a viable alternative to the current situation.

No, I want to support a football club, not an eccentric's plaything.

Regarding 'tough' times. If you knew me, you would not say that. No battle, no victory, and I am prepared to battle my own needier instincts and avoid funding Lowe's follys until he has gone for good. Living in the midlands thank goodness its easy to get to many away games!

Edited by Colinjb

No, I want to support a football club, not an eccentric's plaything.

Regarding 'tough' times. If you knew me, you would not say that. No battle, no victory, and I am prepared to battle my own needier instincts and avoid funding Lowe's follys until he has gone for good. Living in the midlands thank goodness its easy to get to many away games!

Odd that you decided that on the boycott once it was clear it was going to be a tough long season results wise and you didnt make your, erm, 'principled' stand against RL when he returned.

Like Hacienda you dont want to make a long trip when we're not winning. Be man enough to admit it.

Odd that you decided that on the boycott once it was clear it was going to be a tough long season results wise and you didnt make your, erm, 'principled' stand against RL when he returned.

Like Hacienda you dont want to make a long trip when we're not winning. Be man enough to admit it.

as you posted this at after 7.45 nor do you

No, when Rupert Lowe returned I gave him a second chance. But the last 5 months have shown he has learned nothing in his two years away.

And as for being 'Man' enough to admit I just hate to watch us lose, I went to Cov, watch us got thrashed and was glad to go to a game to see my team, I went to see us v Sheffiled Wednesday last season and managed to make light of it, finding great enjoyment in singing 'Davis for england,' and 'It just like watching Brazil,' when we strung a few passes together, football is not just about winning and losing, I still enjoyed the act of watching Saints. The outcome can be crap but I still love to see my team, the only team I get a true buzz from watching is Saints, but i've had enough of being taken advantage of because of that. If Lowe wishes to treat us as 'customers' rather then fans and supporters, he can have his cake and f*cking well eat it.

As for the 'long trip' being a factor. It would be mad to argue otherwise, or use it as evidence for or against my standpoint. We are in a recession right now don't you know it effects us all in our ways and 150 pounds extra per month makes one hell of a difference right now.

Edited by Colinjb