Best non goal scoring moment at St Marys

Daren W

Le Tissier's testimonial, one of the most emotional things i've ever experienced at football and one that will live long in my memory

Absolutely! Will always remember watching the montage of his greatest moments on the giant screen with Sinatra singing 'My Way' ringing out. Still brings me out in goose bumps whenever I hear that song today.

The first match attended by Markus Liebherr, when it became clear that our future was secure.

His intervention in our darkest hour is the biggest single momentous event in our long history and although he was not with us for long, the transition in our fortunes since he bought the club has been nothing short of incredible.

So overrated it's untrue. Watch the video. It's a good volley, but not a bicycle kick, he leaves the ground after he's kicked the ball for some reason! Many, many better goals scored by Saints players. Delaps bicycle kick was a million times more impressive, as are all of Crouches for various clubs. it just gets remembered because it was Keegan, at a time when saints were very good, and it was ruled out.

Disagree once, twice and thrice. Never is it an overrated effort, his execution was pretty much spot on, and it get's remembered because it was a damn good effort - not because if was Keegan.

Yes there are probably better efforts out there - but the one you talk about is not all over youtube because it was overrated. How many other non goals are played so regularly?

2 popped into my head on reading the Thread title:

Can't remember the game but Belmadi (?) sold a poor unsuspecting defender such an exquisite dummy that for a moment the poor chap found himself standing besides the Bargate.

Harding making a Hollywood pass up the Kingsland line to Lallana, it had so much curl on it that to miss the closing player it went round him over the sideline then back into play at Lallanas feet, the Lino missed it everyone in the Chapel and Northam saw it as did half the opposing players who were incensed at the Lino not raising his flag.

Another just popped in: Steua Bucharest first leg second half Steua had knocked it into top gear and were passing around with the kind of fluidity we have only seen from Saints in recent times, this passage of play was so mesmerising that a good percentage of our own fans broke into applause: Very surreal at the time.

final whistle against sheff utd ?

team coming out onto the pitch for our first post admin game against Millwall?

Yes final whistle against Sheff Utd in 2008. Needed the win to stay up. We were down to ten and they were looking for a equaliser that would have benefited them nothing but sent us down. We were well under the cosh and the relief was amazing when the whistle went.

Remember the crowd pouring onto the pitch and then the tannoy said that we had stayed up. Massive cheer coming from the middle of the pitch.

Last Saturday when all 3 of my brothers and many of my friends (all support Brighton) sent me dozens of texts about the penaltys calling us cheats etc.

I sent a blanket text to all of them saying 'it was always going to be 3 points for the Saints'

Last game of the season against Southend in 2006 - The whole stadium rising to commemorate Bally's sad passing, followed by a great game that we won well and the Southend fans fully contributing to the occasion (including sponge-bob) - A great day out !