Jeremy Clarkson made me laugh

dune

Dune's hero has been at it again, by this time 'having a pop' at people who commit suicide in his Sun column. Among some of his choice phrases were calling suicide victims 'Johnny Suicide', stating that people who commit suicide are selfish and saying that their body parts should be left on the track for scavenging animals. What a classy gentleman he is.

Dune's hero has been at it again, by this time 'having a pop' at people who commit suicide in his Sun column. Among some of his choice phrases were calling suicide victims 'Johnny Suicide', stating that people who commit suicide are selfish and saying that their body parts should be left on the track for scavenging animals. What a classy gentleman he is.

I was held up for 4 hours on the M69 once because some loon was threatening the jump off a bridge. The police should have brought in a marksman and shot the ****.

Just another one of those "celebs" who can only be noticed by saying something controversial. Sort of like a few people on here ;)

I do find it kinda funny though that he likes to attack people but yet when it is returned (his affairs) he runs to the courts to try and keep it hush hush. Bit of a hypocrite really.

I wonder how many were really offended by what Clarkson said and how many are just pretending to be offended ? Pretending offence seems to be becoming a popular pastime, if not a career option, in this increasingly po-faced nation that takes even the words of a licensed Court Jester such as Clarkson waaaay too seriously. My love for Paul Merton and Ian Hislop's work on 'HIGNFY' knows no limit, but it has to said that you can get away with leftish satire on the BBC far more readily than its right of centre equivalent can.

Those who seek to cleanse our media of anything controversial fully deserve the utterly bland programming such a policy is bound to deliver. By far the funniest thing about that particular edition of 'The One Show' was not what Clarkson said, but rather the look of concealed panic you could see spreading behind the fixed grins of the two pretty, but irredeemably dull, nonentities that present it.

Instead of banishing the Jeremy Clarkson's of this world from our screens we should grant them prime time shows and let them vent their spleen to their hearts content - I think I'll write to the BBC and invite them to commission a programme in which Bob Stanhope gets to offend absolutely everybody - now that really would be worth watching.

I once saw Jeremy Clarkson interview John Prescott and to his credit two jags was relaxed with the banter. It's not the proper lefties that are the problem, it's the middle class career Lefties - your Millibands and your Balls that have the personality bypasses. When you see Ed Milliband pulling faces in the commons he's so false and annoying. He's a worse leader for that lot than Brown and that's saying something.

Edited by dune

• 9 months later...