Jeremy Clarkson made me laugh

dune

He should be shot, not the nurses. I'm sure he'll collect his £1 million of taxpayers money without a slight bit of conscience, whilst the nurses work 24/7.

It's a fair point that's been made. If I said Blacks and Asians should be shot, let's say if they were striking about an issue close to their heart, then I laughed it off. I mean, it's just me and my crazy sense of humour isn't it? Well you know the outcome.

What next, what if the Jews were striking or demonstrating, how about....."let's gas them!!!!"

*Everybody falls about laughing at my witty sense of humour and the total hilarity of my quirky personality* ***

***Not of course.

I was thinking the same thing. If it was someone else saying it, there would probably be more complaints. The words lose their power because its Clarkson saying them, and he's got a reputation for saying stupid things. But at the same time, is it right to ignore the content of what he said because its him saying it?

We can't really ignore nobbish behaviour because someone has a reputation for being a nob. Most nobbish behaviour is committed by nobs.

Written down, those words are offensive. Said by anyone else, they would be offensive.

Clarkson knows what he's doing, knew what he was saying and knew what the outcome would be. He's already got a massive load of publicity for this, and I'm sure the right-wingers who believe social workers should be shot on sight will be slavering at the doors of HMV for his latest DVD.

If he's going to be a nob on national prime time telly for personal gain, it's only right that he cops the shyte end of that deal. Infamy comes with a price.

[video=youtube;DMuO-8S_0Wg]

dune - straightforward question for you: Why do you always resort to name-calling and abuse of those with different views to you? Why such utter contempt for anyone who doesn't share your view, and why so arrogant to think you are always right?

Or should the question simply be: Why do you waste so much time on this wind-up?

If everyone was like you (nothing against you mate) this place would be very dull. Get a grip, it's just a football forum.

If everyone was like you (nothing against you mate) this place would be very dull. Get a grip, it's just a football forum.

My grip is nice and firm thanks, and unless I'm very much mistaken, the Lounge is the place where people are allowed to actually discuss stuff that interests them if they so desire, supposedly without threads being hijacked and trolled by people with nothing to add - like your abuse.

Quality debate is not dull - if you have the mental capacity to engage in it. I suspect you're not capable, and hence your idea of things being interesting is to simply shout down any opposing view, but I would love to be proved wrong.

My grip is nice and firm thanks, and unless I'm very much mistaken, the Lounge is the place where people are allowed to actually discuss stuff that interests them if they so desire, supposedly without threads being hijacked and trolled by people with nothing to add - like your abuse.

Quality debate is not dull - if you have the mental capacity to engage in it. I suspect you're not capable, and hence your idea of things being interesting is to simply shout down any opposing view, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Start an interesting thread then Minty.

Start an interesting thread then Minty.

I have nothing I particularly wish to start right now... there are however plenty of threads that you contribute to where I've seen little evidence of any meaningful engagement from you, and I doubt one more thread is likely to change that trend.

I'll keep an eye out though.

I think I've got dune figured out. Goes a little something like this.

1) Start threads on controversial subject.

2) Espouse strong opinion in OP, occasionally expressing support for far-right group to gain added oomph.

3) Wait for the forum fish to feed (I include myself in that number)

4) Reply with barrage of personal insults / unsubstantiated blap / further support for far right organisations.

5) Repeat steps 3+4 ad nauseum.

6) Claim that your threads are the "most popular" on account of the high number of posts.

2) Espouse strong opinion in OP, occasionally expressing support for far-right group to gain added oomph.

4) Reply with barrage of personal insults / unsubstantiated blap / further support for far right organisations.

6) Claim that your threads are the "most popular" on account of the high number of posts.

I agree with above but I am sure not even Dune has figured Dune out but I expect he gets his rocks off to all the replies!!!!

Wow. Just wow. On reading this thread I cannot believe what a humourless bunch of people read this thread! It was a joke. It was clarkson ffs, love him or hate him he says what a lot of people think but dare not say.he knew what he was doing, he knew it would get a reaction, it's what he does, if you don't like him don't watch him, as for the union? Well ffs if I paid subs to that lot I would seriously question where they are going!!

Wow. Just wow. On reading this thread I cannot believe what a humourless bunch of people read this thread!

You obviously don't visit the Lounge very often. That said it's the humourless bunch that make this place entertaining.

There's a final view to those saying what a nob JC is.

It's simply jealousy.

Let's face it, every single one of us regular posters on here spout of a load of garbage day in and day out. Probably a load more if you add in FB or twitter.

JC has simply managed to find a way of making himself AND the BBC a shed load of money out of sprouting garbage. For that I salute him.

And yes I am a JC fan, I had a ridiculously drunken flight from LHR to Dubai about 16 years ago with him squashed into an economy class seat next to me on Emirates, we talked totally bs all night long (like everyone on here). He then totally co-incidentally managed to show my old first car here - a beaten up Land Rover which had randomly been in a car park at the pub as being THE best 4x4 in this town.

He makes money talking sh1t wow. BUT the point is we ALL know it is sh1t and we can choose not to listen to it (it's called an OFF button). Unfortunately a hell of a lot of other people (ie most of Westminster) also talk sh1t but expect us to take them seriously.

I have explained previously that Dune is actually Dunebot as early bugridden AI program based on a training set of the UKIP manifesto, the Daily Mail, the Express and this forum.

I have explained previously that Dune is actually Dunebot as early bugridden AI program based on a training set of the UKIP manifesto, the Daily Mail, the Express and this forum.

That is a distinct possibility.

Presumably constructed in an age with lower specifications? Lower storage would explain why it is unable to resolve the inconsistencies from one day to the next.

Does it have a left-wing mode?

dune - straightforward question for you: Why do you always resort to name-calling and abuse of those with different views to you? Why such utter contempt for anyone who doesn't share your view, and why so arrogant to think you are always right?

Or should the question simply be: Why do you waste so much time on this wind-up?

Presumably the only reason he's still allowed to post on this site is because he generates traffic with his ill informed nonsense. In much the same way flies are attracted to **** people just can't help reading/responding to his/her gibberish. You really have to wonder what the site owners are up to when this site has been bleeding and banning posters (decent well informed posters who can engage in intelligent debate) for months now and Dune is still allowed to continue trolling.

Made me laugh, god some people. Next thing we know it will be state TV with no freedom, everyone knew what Clarkson would say so why ask?

PS If the BBC do sack him I'm sure he will get work elsewhere and would actually be a huge loss to the BBC due to being so popular.

Made me laugh, god some people. Next thing we know it will be state TV with no freedom, everyone knew what Clarkson would say so why ask?

PS If the BBC do sack him I'm sure he will get work elsewhere and would actually be a huge loss to the BBC due to being so popular.

SKY would love him IMO, but it'd be a sad loss to his huge fan base.

Clarkson is so utterly boring, predictable and tired. Him and his fellow muppets on Top Gear are like an end of the season, end of the pier show in fact it's more like a pantomime. I honestly despair of anyone who finds them funny because they're not. As for what Clarkson says? Couldn't give a toss what morons say, or what the morons who listen to him think either.

That is a distinct possibility.

Presumably constructed in an age with lower specifications? Lower storage would explain why it is unable to resolve the inconsistencies from one day to the next.

Does it have a left-wing mode?

The program does crash sometimes and definitely has bugs.

Presumably the only reason he's still allowed to post on this site is because he generates traffic with his ill informed nonsense. In much the same way flies are attracted to **** people just can't help reading/responding to his/her gibberish. You really have to wonder what the site owners are up to when this site has been bleeding and banning posters (decent well informed posters who can engage in intelligent debate) for months now and Dune is still allowed to continue trolling.

Deppo was the funniest by far (and left wing)

What's actually funny is all the swivel-eyed shiny-uniform admirers on here claiming Clarkson's been so damned hilarious, then foaming at the mouth in true 'outraged of Tunbridge Wells' fashion when someone calls the cops on him.

Calling the police sounds like a perfect joke-response. I'm sure he'll see the funny side of community service.

What's actually funny is all the swivel-eyed shiny-uniform admirers on here claiming Clarkson's been so damned hilarious, then foaming at the mouth in true 'outraged of Tunbridge Wells' fashion when someone calls the cops on him.

Calling the police sounds like a perfect joke-response. I'm sure he'll see the funny side of community service.

behave , you can touch kids up and get community service nowadays, anything else isn't worth the paperwok.

The 'outcry' is going a bit far now. It's not as if he was serious. He's a ****, but he doesn't actually believe what he said... though some people seem to think he did. He could have said it on a better programme though, the one show audience would be familyish wouldn't it?

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

The 'outcry' is going a bit far now. It's not as if he was serious. He's a ****, but he doesn't actually believe what he said... though some people seem to think he did. He could have said it on a better programme though, the one show audience would be familyish wouldn't it?

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Dunno. I usually get as far as the annoying music before turning over.

Clarkson is so utterly boring, predictable and tired. Him and his fellow muppets on Top Gear are like an end of the season, end of the pier show in fact it's more like a pantomime. I honestly despair of anyone who finds them funny because they're not. As for what Clarkson says? Couldn't give a toss what morons say, or what the morons who listen to him think either.

Have you ever met the bloke? I have loads of times and he's a top bloke that would be in stitches at people like you taking him so seriously, ironically as he goes to great lengths not to take himself seriously? He is genuinely one of the most engaging, interesting people I have worked/ drank with!

Oh and as for his followers being morons - by that I take it you think the Deli Lama is a moron then?

Would you like him sacked? If so Sky would snap him straight up and Murdoch instead if the BBC would end up making tens of millions from the amazingly sucessful tv format he created that is watched and copied the world over.

There's a final view to those saying what a nob JC is.

It's simply jealousy.

Let's face it, every single one of us regular posters on here spout of a load of garbage day in and day out. Probably a load more if you add in FB or twitter.

JC has simply managed to find a way of making himself AND the BBC a shed load of money out of sprouting garbage. For that I salute him.

And yes I am a JC fan, I had a ridiculously drunken flight from LHR to Dubai about 16 years ago with him squashed into an economy class seat next to me on Emirates, we talked totally bs all night long (like everyone on here). He then totally co-incidentally managed to show my old first car here - a beaten up Land Rover which had randomly been in a car park at the pub as being THE best 4x4 in this town.

He makes money talking sh1t wow. BUT the point is we ALL know it is sh1t and we can choose not to listen to it (it's called an OFF button). Unfortunately a hell of a lot of other people (ie most of Westminster) also talk sh1t but expect us to take them seriously.

Some great points there, your right it does come from jealousy! So many people in this day and age think they know everything about people just by what they see from a 1hr programme once a week - don't get me wrong I've met some people I expect to be a great laugh and interesting company that are just down right rude but JC is quality company and a very clever bloke that has made the BBC tens of millions in the most syndicated programme format they've ever made (although people still think they should sack him, or he's under paid)! I'm sure you won't have had many more interesting flights than that....

The Queen is an ugly old tart. If it were up to me, she would be dragged out of her palace and beheaded in front of her family.....Just before they get shot themselves.

My point is, that while Clarkson's comment was not serious and should not be taken seriously, it wasn't particularly funny either, just like the above post. Humour, when done properly has other elements designed to make the listener think a little before the penny drops. Of course, it is clearly easy to make a right winger laugh, just make a death threat, they find them funny. ;)

I like Clarkson, and don't care about his politics. He is funny on his show, but this was not really comedy now, was it?

The reason his comments were funny is because of the way the Precious lefties have reacted. The sort of people who complained really think of themselves as being superior beings. The Elite of Society. The creme de la creme of the Islington wine bar scene.

It needs people like Clarkson (and even me on here) to cast a line so these people show themselves up for the dull opinionated plebs they really are.

The reason his comments were funny is because of the way the Precious lefties have reacted. The sort of people who complained really think of themselves as being superior beings. The Elite of Society. The creme de la creme of the Islington wine bar scene.

It needs people like Clarkson (and even me on here) to cast a line so these people show themselves up for the dull opinionated plebs they really are.

dune, I suggest you read this thread more closely. You'll see plenty of 'lefties' being quite UNprecious and agreeing that the reaction has been over the top.

So, once again, your irrational generalisations are completely wrong and misplaced, and that's before we get anywhere near your attempts to club all 'lefties' in a Islington bar together. It's really rather pathetic.

I have some very good friends who are varying degrees further to the right than I am and I've had some good debates and conversations with them. All of them who've read your views think you're an embarrassment to genuine and well-thought out right wing views. Quite impressive really.

I almost feel sorry for you.

Almost.

You really DO have a high opinion of yourself!! :lol: