West Ham Away

Thinking about going by coach from St Mary's. I have not used it before. Are they ok? Do they get there pretty early or cut it fine.

There are 2 of us going and we are trying to find the most economic way of getting there.

They're very broing, and don't allow drinking, with a fair few odd balls on board. But they get there in plenty of time and are comfortable etc.

My train return is 18 odd quid, only 2 quid more than the coach..

:o

Are the Saints Fans meeting up a Pub or a couple of pubs for the West Ham Game ??

Found some info :

Probably the best option for away fans is the Wetherspoon outlet called MILLERS WELL which is opposite East Ham Town Hall. It is though about a twenty minute walk away along

Barking Road (although it may be an idea to travel to East Ham tube station before the game, go to the pub and then walk to the stadium). Another good option is the

DENMARK ARMS also on the Barking Road near the East Ham Town Hall; this is a large pub which shows all live football games'.

Away fans may also be able to drink in the DUKE OF EDINBURGH near to Upton Park Tube Station. Turn left out of the tube station and walk to the mini roundabout and it's on your

right. There are also a few pie 'n' mash shops nearby (a traditional East End favourite). Turn right out of the tube station and just opposite is 'Duncans Pie n Mash'. Don't be put off

by the queue, because they don't hang about and serve you very quickly'. Peter Bennett a visiting Newcastle fan adds; 'We had a drink in safety in the QUEENS on Green Street'.

This pub is also near to Upton Park Underground Station (as you come out of the station turn right and the pub is down on the right).

Most of the other pubs around the ground are very partisan, and are for home supporters only. The Boleyn Pub on the corner near to the ground, plus the Greengate, Wine Bar and

Village pubs all on Barking Road should all be given a wide berth by away fans.

:)

:o

Found some info :

Probably the best option for away fans is the Wetherspoon outlet called MILLERS WELL which is opposite East Ham Town Hall. It is though about a twenty minute walk away along

Barking Road (although it may be an idea to travel to East Ham tube station before the game, go to the pub and then walk to the stadium). Another good option is the

DENMARK ARMS also on the Barking Road near the East Ham Town Hall; this is a large pub which shows all live football games'.

Away fans may also be able to drink in the DUKE OF EDINBURGH near to Upton Park Tube Station. Turn left out of the tube station and walk to the mini roundabout and it's on your

right. There are also a few pie 'n' mash shops nearby (a traditional East End favourite). Turn right out of the tube station and just opposite is 'Duncans Pie n Mash'. Don't be put off

by the queue, because they don't hang about and serve you very quickly'. Peter Bennett a visiting Newcastle fan adds; 'We had a drink in safety in the QUEENS on Green Street'.

This pub is also near to Upton Park Underground Station (as you come out of the station turn right and the pub is down on the right).

Most of the other pubs around the ground are very partisan, and are for home supporters only. The Boleyn Pub on the corner near to the ground, plus the Greengate, Wine Bar and

Village pubs all on Barking Road should all be given a wide berth by away fans.

Not Sure the best Travel arrangements .... Just going to the Away Supporter:os Bar in the Ground for West Ham Away !!

Getting up to London about 3ish, going to head over Trafalgar Square way first some cracking little boozers round that way and then onto the Millers Well. Sounds like getting away after the game is going to be a nightmare, thinking about trying to grab a cab to West Ham tube station and then getting the Jubilee straight back to Waterloo from there. Two trains at 22.35 and 22.39 so it would be nice to get on one of those back especially with work the next day!

After the game my train leaves London Bridge at 22:50, Upton Park to there on the tube is about 20-25 minutes. Anybody how long the wait usually is after the game? Cheers.

I went to their 1st game against Cardiff back in August, the day after we beat Leeds. It took about 10 minutes to get from the ground to the station and then a further 30 minutes from joining the end of the queue to departure from the station. The queue is organised down a side street by stewards/OB. What I don't know is whether we will be kept back. I don't recall seeing any Cardiff fans queuing.

I've booked a hotel down at Canary Wharf to save the hassle.

Edited by RonManager

I went to their 1st game against Cardiff back in August, the day after we beat Leeds. It took about 10 minutes to get from the ground to the station and then a further 30 minutes from joining the end of the queue to departure from the station. The queue is organised down a side street by stewards/OB. What I don't know is whether we will be kept back. I don't recall seeing any Cardiff fans queuing.

I've booked a hotel down at Canary Wharf to save the hassle.

Ok cheers for the info

For anybody else that doesn't fancy the wait after the game, you can check quotes for a cab here: http://www.anycabs.co.uk. £20 between 4 of us back to Waterloo.
That's a good price, as its a fair old trek, but I'd recommend actually calling a few local mini-cab firms and booking one in advance, as I don't trust those websites and that sounds a bit too cheap to me. Might not even be all that much quicker than the tube thinking about it.

That's a good price, as its a fair old trek, but I'd recommend actually calling a few local mini-cab firms and booking one in advance, as I don't trust those websites and that sounds a bit too cheap to me. Might not even be all that much quicker than the tube thinking about it.

Booked it up, going to give em a calll tomorrow to double check that they'll definitely be there. And to minibarcelonasaint, it's £20 total price so a fiver each.

Did anyone have a wait at Upton park tube station. We jogged round to East Ham, no queues got a seat no problem and awaited the mobs piling on at Upton Park. Hardly anyone got on, there were seats to spare. I'm curious to see if we missed the rush or the advice about the 50min-hour wait at Upton park was wrong.

We walked past Upton Park and the queue was crazy.