Iphone alternative?

Thedelldays

my contract is up in a couple of months on my iPhone 4...

now, it is a pretty good bit of kit...however, for £45+ a month...it is also a tad expensive...

now, could I get more value for money getting a HTC/Samsung/nokia...??

im not fussed about all the gadgets..just good internet and apps etc..

I also don't want a phone bordering on tablet size either.

any suggestions..?

Careful, the Apple fanboys don't like it when you suggest something else might also be quite good. ;)

My housemate has a HTC Sensation, excellent phone. Brilliant for web browsing and she can't stop playing Angry Birds on it! The bigger screen makes one hell of a difference.

I've always coveted the Samsung Galaxy Nexux and Sony Experia Arc S myself. The Motorola Razr is also very impressive. If you don't want anything tablet size then stay away from the Samsung Galaxy Note, stunning bit of kit but it is almost the size of a small tablet with it's 5.3 inch screen.

Try this website for a few ideas, there is an awful lot out there though. You should be able to get something for half the price that can effectively tick all the boxes.

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/

(Before anyone says, I am an iPhone 4 owner, I love my phone but have begun to feel the itch to see what else is out there.)

Can't believe how much money people spend on this sort of stuff. my wife's got one, but that's from her job. a lot of people seem to use them mainly for trivial stuff. Most of my students have them, seriously, how can either 17 -18 year olds have this much disposable income, or their parents see it as necessary to pay for them? I know people over here are a bit more flush in comparison to the UK and other countries, but I bet it's a similar story there.

Why do you need an expensive contract?

If you're happy with your iPhone 4, then just cancel your contract, get it unlocked by the provider (they have to unlock it once you're out of contract) and use a cheaper Three or GiffGaff sim. £15/mth can get you oodles of inclusive mins/texts/unlimited data, then you'll be saving £30/mth on what you're currently paying.

I don't understand why you'd want to tie yourself in to an expensive 18m/24m contract to change to an inferior device.

Why do you need an expensive contract?

If you're happy with your iPhone 4, then just cancel your contract, get it unlocked by the provider (they have to unlock it once you're out of contract) and use a cheaper Three or GiffGaff sim. £15/mth can get you oodles of inclusive mins/texts/unlimited data, then you'll be saving £30/mth on what you're currently paying.

I don't understand why you'd want to tie yourself in to an expensive 18m/24m contract to change to an inferior device.

you are probably right...may stick with o2 and get a 1 month sim deal thing...works out about £20+ a month cheaper. and I keep my number I assume

My mate just got one'a these and it is a beautiful bit of kit. Never played with a more refined feeling gadget in my life. Windows phone 7 mango is a breeze to use, too.

nokia-lumia-800%281%29.jpg

I'm looking forward to the Nokia 900 with Windows 8 and hopefully they have the great call quality of their older phones

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk