Too many changes are counter productive.

derry

Yesterday we made three substitutions which resulted in EIGHT positional changes.

BWP goes on for Thompson. BWP goes to LM, Gobern really lightweight goes CM, Surman in the hole and Lallana to RM. FFS why?

Euell comes on for Wotton, Goes in the hole, Surman back to CM.

Pekart comes on for Gobern, goes up front with McGoldrick in the hole, Euell to midfield.

No wonder we can't put anything together up front. 4 players played in the hole, LM/2 RM/2 CM/5 (Surman twice) CF/2.

Changes are being made for the sake of it. Lallana is skilful but no goal threat. McGoldrick needs to play up front alongside one of Robertson/Pekart/ or even Euell. Surman/Schneiderlin in CM with Euell and Gillett as backup. Euell/BWP to play somewhere.

My choice, CF/Euell Hole/McGoldrick LM/BWP Schneiderlin and Surman at CM with Lallana RM. If there are substitutions we don't need to change so many positions.

Yesterday we made three substitutions which resulted in EIGHT positional changes.

BWP goes on for Thompson. BWP goes to LM, Gobern really lightweight goes CM, Surman in the hole and Lallana to RM. FFS why?

Pekart comes on for Gobern, goes up front with McGoldrick in the hole, Euell to midfield.

No wonder we can't put anything together up front. 4 players played in the hole, LM/2 RM/2 CM/5 (Surman twice) CF/2.

Changes are being made for the sake of it. Lallana is skilful but no goal threat. McGoldrick needs to play up front alongside one of Robertson/Pekart/ or even Euell. Surman/Schneiderlin in CM with Euell and Gillett as backup. Euell/BWP to play somewhere.

My choice, CF/Euell Hole/McGoldrick LM/BWP Schneiderlin and Surman at CM with Lallana RM. If there are substitutions we don't need to change so many positions.

Exactly WHO is picking and running the Team then ...... Is there nothing to be said for the simple but very effective "Never change a winning Team " philosophy

IMHO, this so called modern day "Rotation" of players just for the sake of it, does NOT make for forming a SETTLED Team

Total football - everyone can play anywhere - don't you remember?

The laughable thing is that any total football we did play,which wasn't much,stopped a long time ago.Yesterday it was "Total Hoofball".

As with Burley,all this tinkering is the dying throes of a drowning manager.

Notice how it is all still the players fault,nothing to do with the manager/coaching.

Games played = 15

Different centre back partnerships = 8

Conclusion = Too many changes

Yet again we wet into this season with an under manned defence and a Coach/Manager who did not create a solid defence in the off season. So why the surprise with the results? It is one thing to build a team of teenagers but why so many changes?

When managers do change things they are damned, when they don't they are damned.

There's one easy way for ther manager (Head Coach actually!!!) to silence his critics, and that's by winning matches!

A successful manager will be able to defend any of his decisions if he's successful.

As an apologist for the current regime, you're doing a fantastic job.

Edited by um pahars

There's one easy way for ther manager (Head Coach actually!!!) to silence his critics, and that's by winning matches!

A successful manager will be able to defend any of his decisions if he's successful.

As an apologist for the current regime, you're doing a fantastic job.

Yep, you and your nephew would soon put things right wouldn't you Steve, because as we know running a football club is so easy. I bet everyone at Charlton and Norwich are glad they don't have JP or Lowe their clubs.

Apologist? No mate, just a realist.

Please tell me, how many "successful" managers are there in the football league?

When managers do change things they are damned, when they don't they are damned. It worked like week and by all accounts the changes made yesterday did improve matters..but I do agree that we do need to get a settled side out there.

So you weren't there. The changes were farcical, the only thing we looked like doing was conceding more goals. We didn't have one decent shot on target the whole game. Their goalkeeper would have frozen, if he hadn't had Surman's free kicks to catch.

Yep, you and your nephew would soon put things right wouldn't you Steve, because as we know running a football club is so easy. I bet everyone at Charlton and Norwich are glad they don't have JP or Lowe their clubs.

Apologist? No mate, just a realist.

Please tell me, how many "successful" managers are there in the football league?

There's not another club in CCC who would have employed JP.........

Briefly. and just for the record, what was the injury situation/availability going into Saturday's game?

I rarely read the OS and I'm not in touch with the local media etc down your way.

No Perry again?

No Spiderman?

Euell on the bench ... after being most peoples' MOM against Norwich. Euell's clearly a missing link in the side and one of the few players in the squad that ticks the experienced/leadership box. Was he injured? He would have been the second name on my teamsheet (after KD).

Where's Robertson, half-decent debut against Norwich but not been seen since?

Why was Gobern starting? Embarrasingly inept performance, looked and played like a school boy. He did it as a one-off last week (a bit like the non-lge sides in the FA cup 1st round on Saturday) but clearly nowhere near ready for this league.

Why not Pekhart (who I don't particularly rate) or BWP up front with McG?

This 4-5-1 is killing us at home.