Poll: Time For Lowe To Go.....Again?

St Marco

A General Election is also a poll. Would you say that was also a pointless excercise because a portion of voters were died in the wool supporters of one party or another and wouldn't change their allegiances before hell froze over?

But a general election has the power to change things, this is a football message board and since the majority of people here are died in the wool Lowe haters, a poll is pointless. All it shows is opinions and can change nothing.

Saying that a poll should only be called when significant strides had been made for the better because opinions may change is total nonsense. The purpose of a poll is to reflect opinions at a certain moment in time based on prevailing opinions caused by current circumstances. Those who feel happy at the way the club is being run are perfectly entitled to say so, but the poll has been called

Yes, I know what your'e saying, but if things got significantly worse, then your poll now would still be a foregone conclusion, percentage of Lowe haters would be larger, the only way things may change is if the team began to actually challenge for promotion again. Only then will some people's opinions change.

If the club ignore the findings and aren't bothered by the falling attendances, then they can't be stupid enough not to realise that unless they do something about it, the club will be in administration. They can blame the disgruntled fans all they like, but unless they make some attempt to listen to what their "customers" are telling them, then they will have no customers and then no business.

Well the measures taken for the Forest game suggest they have listened and are trying to do something about it. Cost is a significant issue, people are not going to continue paying £25 to watch a bunch of kids huff and puff. I believe there are a number of reasons that attendances are down not just Lowe's continued presence at the club.

But a general election has the power to change things, this is a football message board and since the majority of people here are died in the wool Lowe haters, a poll is pointless. All it shows is opinions and can change nothing.

Yes, I know what your'e saying, but if things got significantly worse, then your poll now would still be a foregone conclusion, percentage of Lowe haters would be larger, the only way things may change is if the team began to actually challenge for promotion again. Only then will some people's opinions change.

So you only want a poll that reflects that things are getting better rather than worse and only then will it have some validity? Sorry, I don't follow your reasoning at all.

Well the measures taken for the Forest game suggest they have listened and are trying to do something about it. Cost is a significant issue, people are not going to continue paying £25 to watch a bunch of kids huff and puff. I believe there are a number of reasons that attendances are down not just Lowe's continued presence at the club.

I agree that finally after much pressure the penny has dropped and that the board have eventually addressed the value for money complaint. At least there might be increased turnout from those stayaways because of financial hardship. The poll is a good indicator of the number of fans who may not be attending while Lowe/Wilde remain, but until they depart and we see whether numbers rise, we will not know how many those were.

So you only want a poll that reflects that things are getting better rather than worse and only then will it have some validity? Sorry, I don't follow your reasoning at all

No, that's not what I mean at all. What I'm trying to get at is that a poll now is pointless on here because the result is a foregone conclusion as well over 90 percent of folks here are Lowe haters, therefore the poll will show that over 90 percent of folks want him out, and that would be more or less the same if things got worse.

If we could have a poll that was truly representative of ALL Saints fans and not just those here, then I would agree it might be a good idea.

A poll would have been a good idea if Lowe was chairman when we reached the play offs following relegation and then now as there would be a considerably different result.

I'm not saying polls are a waste of time in general only the circumstances of the suggested poll on here

FWIW, i don't think you need a poll. To me there are 3 factions who populate this forum,with regards Lowe.

1. BLIND HATRED.

2. BLIND LOVE.

3. Those that hate Lowe( and WILDE),but think there is no credible alternative.

Reading this forum my gut feeling is no;1 wins hands-down.

think there are quite a few in 1) who are getting more blinded! 2) not sure if any in 2 now scooby has gone and think most would go along with 3.

think there are quite a few in 1) who are getting more blinded! 2) not sure if any in 2 now scooby has gone and think most would go along with 3.

Where would you place yourself Nick ? My feeling is you would say 3, but i think you spend a lot of time on here defending Mr.Lowe,,,,, ;)FWIW i am a 3.

FWIW, i don't think you need a poll. To me there are 3 factions who populate this forum,with regards Lowe.

1. BLIND HATRED.

2. BLIND LOVE.

3. Those that hate Lowe( and WILDE),but think there is no credible alternative.

Reading this forum my gut feeling is no;1 wins hands-down.

No, there should be a 4th option, the ambivalent. Those that neither hate Lowe, nor love him either. I think there are many reasons why we are where we are and I just don't blame Lowe because he's an easy target.

I've been patronised by many here and dismissed as a luvvie, but I'm just a fan with an opinion and whilst I have had personal dealings with both messrs Lowe and Cowen, I've never met Michael Wilde, but I certainly have never found Lowe to be arrogant in his dealings, but that is not the same as others. I have not had any dealings with Lowe since his return.

There is no viable alternative at the moment, but I would like to think I'm neither for nor against, but love or hate are too extreme for my tastes :D

No, there should be a 4th option, the ambivalent. Those that neither hate Lowe, nor love him either. I think there are many reasons why we are where we are and I just don't blame Lowe because he's an easy target.

I've been patronised by many here and dismissed as a luvvie, but I'm just a fan with an opinion and whilst I have had personal dealings with both messrs Lowe and Cowen, I've never met Michael Wilde, but I certainly have never found Lowe to be arrogant in his dealings, but that is not the same as others. I have not had any dealings with Lowe since his return.

There is no viable alternative at the moment, but I would like to think I'm neither for nor against, but love or hate are too extreme for my tastes :D

Fair point Throbber, but i am sure you could muster up just a little bit hatred for them down the road, or even Swansea...............:)

Fair point Throbber, but i am sure you could muster up just a little bit hatred for them down the road, or even Swansea...............:)

Nope, sorry mate, don't hate any team except Derby County, Leeds United and Chelsea......and Man Utd and I don't hate them as much as I used to since Chelsea got all bertie big b0ll0cks