Poll: Time For Lowe To Go.....Again?

St Marco

Time for a poll

A, Yes

B, No He Has Done Just As Good As Anyone Would In The Circumstances

C, Not Unless We Have Someone With A Better Plan Coming In

We had one of these polls just before the last game of last season and it was 50-50 on if he should return or not.

Would be very interesting to see in number terms now what the general census is amongst this boards Saints Fans.

My view is he has to go for one reason and one reason only.

To re-unite the fans and kill of the Lowe shadow over our club once and for all. While it is there people will look to blame him at every chance they get. Some is deserving and some isn't. If we remove that we can all forget about him and get on with supporting the club 100% which is what we should do. With him here it makes it near impossible as the fans get more and more angry.

So my opinion = Time To Go

P.s i dont know how to set up the poll so maybe a mod could do it :)

Lowe out? Yes - but you would have to find someone stupid enough to pay his asking price for his shares and for the shares proxied to him - also someone with enough money and balls to handle the consequnces of holding such a high share in the club by that point.

Lowe out as a director but keeping his shares? No, pointless.

As mentioned above, removing Lowe from the directorship is pointless. While he owns his shares and controls his proxy's he will still remain in charge, regardless if he holds a directors role or not.

I do not like the idea of him interfering with first team issues. Do not like the idea that he has a hand in our transfers and dont really care too much for his attitude of experimenting with Saints. I do want to get rid of him, but feel that unless a buyer comes along, to purchase his shares, this wont happen.

Interestingly, does anyone know what value he places on the 6% of the PLC which he owns? Surely if its down to accepting money, cant we all chip in a tenner to buy his shares, remove him and then install someone better as a director?

He is adding nothing other than a disastrous managerial appointment, splitting the fan base and meddling with team selection, yes he is cutting costs but at the expense of us not having any real chance of staying in this league, all his actions thus far suggest he has accepted we are going down and we are merely preparing for league one and eventual administration.

Having said that the damage is already done and removing him will achieve nothing

It will be impossible to get rid of him this time anyway imo

Although I would liek him gone I cant see what good that would do at the moment that would leave Wilde solely in charge, unfortunately there is no alternative, if there was I would help lowe clear his desk but until there is an alternative speculation is meaningless

Lowe out. no question. his very presence at St Mary's is causing a rift between fans, players and staff. There is nothing positive about him remaining at the club. As for who to replace him with - anyone, couldn't care. Could be Mr Portsmouth himself for all I care. Just so long as it ain't lowe.

Lowe out.

If you want him to go, buy him out. Otherwise get over it. All this "sack the board" stuff is such crap in football. They own the club, it's theirs.

If finances have improved, or if the deterioration has slowed then in many ways Lowe has done an ok job. If he's interferring then he's making life a lot more difficult for us. But it's all irrelevant unless there's any alternatives.

As for those that stay away because of Lowe, they'll find some other reason to stay away eventually. A manager they don't like, a new board they don't like, not winning enough, not premiership, whatever. I hope that if Lowe does go and things improve, the people that abandoned the club don't come back.

I agree with adrian. People shouldn't moan about what we ultimately have no control over. Lowe and Wilde own the club and it's theirs to do what they want with it. While I don't necessarily agree with some of their tactics (possibly interfering with team selection/team talks) if you hate them so much, do what Ebbsfleet did, raise some money and buy them out. It's as simple as that. As far as I can see, Lowe hasn't done such a bad job. I'll get flamed for saying that, but it's not as if a bunch of people on an internet forum tell him to clear out of SMS then he'll do it.

If you want him to go, buy him out. Otherwise get over it. All this "sack the board" stuff is such crap in football. They own the club, it's theirs.

If finances have improved, or if the deterioration has slowed then in many ways Lowe has done an ok job. If he's interferring then he's making life a lot more difficult for us. But it's all irrelevant unless there's any alternatives.

As for those that stay away because of Lowe, they'll find some other reason to stay away eventually. A manager they don't like, a new board they don't like, not winning enough, not premiership, whatever. I hope that if Lowe does go and things improve, the people that abandoned the club don't come back.

Bull****. He is not the owner of the club. He is a shareholder the same as me. The difference being he bought his shares for a lot less then i did and has a lot more of them. He is a representive of the people who owns shares in the company.

If anyone else ran a company like the way he has they would either resign or be sacked. The only reason he has not been sacked is because he and Wilde are now friends. Which means he knows he can't be removed. That doesnt mean what he is doing is right.

This club was around before Lowe and will be around after Lowe. If we continue on Lowes path then that will be a lot sooner then you think because we will go bankrupt due to relegation.

Just as happened before, Lowe can be removed from his position if the shareholders vote for him to go. They will not do this as no one else wants the poison challis. What people who comment on this site want is not relevent. We have to acceot that we are where we are, like it or not. I am heart broken by results over the past couple of years a long for better days but I have no say in how the club is run and I would not want the job myself. Have a look at the BBC football web site and see what Keith Harris of Seymour Price is saying. Liverpool and Everton have real debt problems, and so do we ... That is how the world is at present and may be some of us are just taking football and Saints too seriously?

I agree with adrian. People shouldn't moan about what we ultimately have no control over. Lowe and Wilde own the club and it's theirs to do what they want with it. While I don't necessarily agree with some of their tactics (possibly interfering with team selection/team talks) if you hate them so much, do what Ebbsfleet did, raise some money and buy them out. It's as simple as that. As far as I can see, Lowe hasn't done such a bad job. I'll get flamed for saying that, but it's not as if a bunch of people on an internet forum tell him to clear out of SMS then he'll do it.

I'm assuming you and Adrian don't bother to vote in general elections either.

After all, it's not like you can really change anything, so why bother eh?

I'm assuming you and Adrian don't bother to vote in general elections either.

After all, it's not like you can really change anything, so why bother eh?

But why would removing Lowe change anything. I mean things hardly improved when he left before did they ?

The real reason we are in this situation is relagation from the Premier ( and dont blame Lowe it has happened to **** loads of other clubs) and the ensuing financial difficulties.

We like many other clubs had been punching above our weight for ages. Its reality, its football (look at Leeds,Forest,Watford,Norwich,Ipswich and so on) and to blame Lowe is stupid,mindless scapegoating of the worst kind.

Hoping for some glorious takeover is la la land as well look at QPR supposedly one of the richest clubs,hardly any player investment and cant buy an away win.

We are in the Championship.Get over it and get behind the team.

But why would removing Lowe change anything. I mean things hardly improved when he left before did they ?

The real reason we are in this situation is relagation from the Premier ( and dont blame Lowe it has happened to **** loads of other clubs) and the ensuing financial difficulties.

We like many other clubs had been punching above our weight for ages. Its reality, its football (look at Leeds,Forest,Watford,Norwich,Ipswich and so on) and to blame Lowe is stupid,mindless scapegoating of the worst kind.

Hoping for some glorious takeover is la la land as well look at QPR supposedly one of the richest clubs,hardly any player investment and cant buy an away win.

Rock 'n' Roll. LOL.

All this from the person who would give Jan a 10 year contract. Total Football me up.

Now you are talking rubbish. Yes when we resided at the Dell but that all changed when we moved to St.Marys. Our turnover at one point was not far behind Spurs! During our relegation season we vastly under performed.

Lowe should signal his intent that he's looking to sell and move on.

Edited by Delmary

I think a poll on this board is pointless. So many people are so entrenched with their views that the result is a foregone conclusion, and yet this message board is not representative of the fanbase as a whole, just a portion of it.

Under the current economic climate there is no viable alternative. Lowe only does 2 days a week which should please some people who undoubtedly hope for a reduction.

I know we're all desperately unhappy about our club's plight and I do believe that we need to become self sufficient to run on an even keel, and sadly, whether we like it or not, it means we need to develop our own players and bring them into the first team.

Many of them have been blooded far too early and they will simply not stand up to the rigours of a full 46 match season for a couple of years yet.

Having said that, injuries to our key/experienced players have crippled us recently and I hope as they come back, that our results will improve.

When results go badly, despite how hard the team is trying, then people look for a reason why, a scapegoat, and it's Lowe.

Well the fans wanted him out last time, and what a success that was.

I don't like the notion of a non football man interfering in team affairs if that is indeed what is happening, but otherwise there isn't anyone out there who can radically change our fortunes, none of our major shareholders have the cash to inject, but it is the shareholders who can force a change if that is what they believe is necessary.

Sorry, but a poll is a pointless exercise

A poll is not a pointless exercise. It is an indicator to many as to the groundswell of opinion within a group of supporters. You might argue that this forum is unrepresentative of the fanbase as a whole, but if a consensus appears between this group and other groups then it is at least indicative of fans' opinion. As such, those who run the club can choose to heed it, or ignore it. But they should understand that various factors leading to falls in attendance numbers tend to support the notion that fans are not happy with something and should accept disatisfaction with those running the club is one distinct possibility.

A poll is not a pointless exercise. It is an indicator to many as to the groundswell of opinion within a group of supporters. You might argue that this forum is unrepresentative of the fanbase as a whole, but if a consensus appears between this group and other groups then it is at least indicative of fans' opinion. As such, those who run the club can choose to heed it, or ignore it. But they should understand that various factors leading to falls in attendance numbers tend to support the notion that fans are not happy with something and should accept disatisfaction with those running the club is one distinct possibility.

Whilst I agree with your point I'm sure the club's heirarchy are well aware of the feelings of vitriol from various fans, but I do maintain that a poll here is a pointless excercise.

The people that despise Lowe are not going to change their minds, and there is little doubt that the majority of regular posters here are in favour of Lowe getting out.

If results suddenly started looking up, would that make people like yourself, Stanley or Alpine suddenly change your minds about him. No, so a poll is just a waste of time.

The time to do a poll is after the club has made significant strides for the better as that is the only way that opinions may change

Whilst I agree with your point I'm sure the club's heirarchy are well aware of the feelings of vitriol from various fans, but I do maintain that a poll here is a pointless excercise.

The people that despise Lowe are not going to change their minds, and there is little doubt that the majority of regular posters here are in favour of Lowe getting out.

If results suddenly started looking up, would that make people like yourself, Stanley or Alpine suddenly change your minds about him. No, so a poll is just a waste of time.

The time to do a poll is after the club has made significant strides for the better as that is the only way that opinions may change

A General Election is also a poll. Would you say that was also a pointless excercise because a portion of voters were died in the wool supporters of one party or another and wouldn't change their allegiances before hell froze over? This forum is like the country as a whole in that there are polarised opinions which make factions in one direction or another. Then there are those who have no particular axe to grind, but who would vote on their feelings induced by circumstances at a particular time and who might be swayed one way or the other, like floating voters.

Saying that a poll should only be called when significant strides had been made for the better because opinions may change is total nonsense. The purpose of a poll is to reflect opinions at a certain moment in time based on prevailing opinions caused by current circumstances. Those who feel happy at the way the club is being run are perfectly entitled to say so, but the poll has been called now.

If the club ignore the findings and aren't bothered by the falling attendances, then they can't be stupid enough not to realise that unless they do something about it, the club will be in administration. They can blame the disgruntled fans all they like, but unless they make some attempt to listen to what their "customers" are telling them, then they will have no customers and then no business.

I think a poll on this board is pointless. So many people are so entrenched with their views that the result is a foregone conclusion, and yet this message board is not representative of the fanbase as a whole, just a portion of it.

Under the current economic climate there is no viable alternative. Lowe only does 2 days a week which should please some people who undoubtedly hope for a reduction.

I know we're all desperately unhappy about our club's plight and I do believe that we need to become self sufficient to run on an even keel, and sadly, whether we like it or not, it means we need to develop our own players and bring them into the first team.

Many of them have been blooded far too early and they will simply not stand up to the rigours of a full 46 match season for a couple of years yet.

Having said that, injuries to our key/experienced players have crippled us recently and I hope as they come back, that our results will improve.

When results go badly, despite how hard the team is trying, then people look for a reason why, a scapegoat, and it's Lowe.

Well the fans wanted him out last time, and what a success that was.

I don't like the notion of a non football man interfering in team affairs if that is indeed what is happening, but otherwise there isn't anyone out there who can radically change our fortunes, none of our major shareholders have the cash to inject, but it is the shareholders who can force a change if that is what they believe is necessary.

Sorry, but a poll is a pointless exercise

Imagine what sort of position we could be in if the right person were to work full time at solving our problems ;)

I don't think the mods conduct polls anymore because they emphasise how far back the forum has gone since the £5 charge. Before the charge the Polls weren't really representative, now they are frankly embarrassing for the sites owners.