GiffGaff

Thedelldays

now my O2 contract is up. have signed up and activated my GiffGaff SIM yesterday

I have submitted my PAC number this morning for a number transfer tomorrow

how good is this network..I see it runs on O2. but has anyone transferred a number to them..do they do it promptly

any issues with GiffGaff full stop..?

cheers

Tdd, my missus and daughter are both with them. The transfers were slick and they've never had any issue at all. The coverage is much better than my tmobile, especially on 3g.

I'm really happy with it on balance.

It definitely has more downtime than I've experienced on either O2, Voda, Orange or T-Mobile though. In the three months I've been with them Southampton has been subject to one major data disruption which lasted a whole day and one smaller disruption last week for a couple of hours. I may have joined at an unlucky time though.

The ludicrously cheap prices, great coverage and high speed data make up for these minor inconveniences though.

How does it work ? Do i have to top up with their goodbags each month ? ie no contract?

Yep, just your goody bag. No ties at all. Worth having a few quid credit too as a buffer if you forget to buy your bag.

• 2 weeks later...

Been with them since October when I bought my SIM-free iPhone 4S. Bought on the Friday, port requested same day, and number transferred by Monday lunch (no weekend porting). I've only paid for three goody bags since I've been with them thanks to their payback scheme, they've just paid me £35 so that's another three months worth paid for.

Yes, they have the occasional outage, got caught up in both the issues mentioned above, but in the grand scheme of things I'm very pleased - I actually get better coverage than my hubby who is on o2. I ordered him a SIM, and he's finally cancelled his o2 contract and is porting tomorrow.

If anyone wants a SIM let me know, happy to refer in, I get credit for it, and you get a fiver on your SIM when activated.