12/09/12: Happy iPhone 5 Day

Essruu

Build quality.

Not bothered as I said I have insurance for anything that could go wrong.

Better OS (IMO).

Debatable. Certainly the Apple OS is simpler but I'm not sure it's better. I like both.

Reliability.

Not sure what you mean there.

Synchronicity with your MacBook Air.

Never been that bothered by synchronicity though I agree that is an advantage.

I agree the iphone was a brilliant invention. I love my macbook air as well. If the products are similar then what am I paying £150 extra for other than build quality (which as I said I'm not overly bothered about.) Most other differences will be the OS (and I'm comfortable with IOS and Android) and barely noticeable speed increases.

iphones was in no way a brilliant INVENTION. If was a clever move to see that with the smart phones at the time (yes there were quite a few, I had one) that buying and installing 3rd party programs involved a bit of a faff to install and at the same time as they were further developing their closed environment with ipods and itunes. It was a clever combining the 2 but in no way did they invent the smart phone.

iphones was in no way a brilliant INVENTION. If was a clever move to see that with the smart phones at the time (yes there were quite a few, I had one) that buying and installing 3rd party programs involved a bit of a faff to install and at the same time as they were further developing their closed environment with ipods and itunes. It was a clever combining the 2 but in no way did they invent the smart phone.
agreed has for quality early iphones had bad call quality,poor antenna and screens which broke fairly easy.

Got mine last night. It is a thing of beauty and probably the best looking bit of apple tech ever. Light slim and feels absolute quality in the hand.

Makes the 4 look old and chunky and outdated and I never thought that would be the case.

Played with an s3 all last weekend but for me this is pretty near perfect.

Earbuds are comfy too

Got mine last night. It is a thing of beauty and probably the best looking bit of apple tech ever. Light slim and feels absolute quality in the hand.

Makes the 4 look old and chunky and outdated and I never thought that would be the case.

Played with an s3 all last weekend but for me this is pretty near perfect.

Earbuds are comfy too

But I am old, chunky and outdated. I'll stick with my 4, we belong to each other.

Had a play with the iphone 5 today. I think it is amazing how light they have managed to get it but rather like the ps3 controllers, I think it is maybe a bit too light. I liked the old ps2 controllers better because they felt more solid and weighty. The phone is really fast but the screen didn't overly impress me and I don't see a huge difference between it and my iphone 4, certainly not enough of a difference to justify 500 pounds. After playing with both, I'm going with the S3 for definite (and my friend who was set on getting the iphone 5 agrees and is sticking with the 4 instead.)

I see in an attempt to help users settle down with their new phone some are arriving prescratched to save the user having to damage them themselves.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57518019-1/iphone-5-say-hello-to-scuffgate/?part=rss&subj=crave&tag=title&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cnet%2FpRza+%28Crave%29

I had my iPhone 3GS about two weeks before I took it out of my pocket one day and found that the screen had cracked. Hoping for better luck this time.

it just seemed very sleek...smooth etc...just very much impressed.

I went into T Mobile and had a look...never been with them, out of interest..are they any good..?

I never had any problems when I was with them. I liked them because they offered unlimited internet. I'm currently with giffgaff but been annoyed by them recently so am considering my options.

I never had any problems when I was with them. I liked them because they offered unlimited internet. I'm currently with giffgaff but been annoyed by them recently so am considering my options.

Giffgaff have recently told me that the £10 goody bag will no longer be unlimited internet and I will have to upgrade to the £15 one. Still, it is good value at £15.

Giffgaff have recently told me that the £10 goody bag will no longer be unlimited internet and I will have to upgrade to the £15 one. Still, it is good value at £15.

They obviously don't know their own plans then because they've already announced that the £10 plan will include 1gb of internet, but that for an additional £2 a month you can have your £10 plan with unltd data instead of the 1gb data.

Interesting article about how apple managed to shoot themselves in the foot by a) managing to imply via their lawsuit that the galaxy SIII was a viable alternative to the iphone and b) releasing a less than impressive iphone 5.

http://www.mobilebloom.com/samsung-galaxy-siii-shows-no-signs-of-slowing-down/2222862/

the average sales of the Galaxy SIII have grown by 9% every week since the first week of August. What is more impressive is that its sales have doubled since August 1st, which was only a little while after the Korean giant was handed a $1.05 billion verdict in its trial against Apple. The Galaxy S III’s sales went up by more than 16% during the week the judgment was announced. According to Localytics, this happened because the verdict gave the impression that the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III was very similar to the iPhone and this gave potential buyers a viable substitute for the Apple device.

The next jump in sales of the Galaxy SIII came after the release of the iPhone 5. What is interesting is that in the week leading up to the release of the iPhone 5, the sales of the S III remained the same but went up by 15% in the week the iPhone 5 was launched. This probably implies that buyers were waiting for the iPhone 5 to judge their options better and were likely not impressed by what they saw at Apple’s end and chose to stick with Samsung’s phone.

Getting a simfree 32gb one from Apple is nigh on impossible. I have filled out a reservation request almost everyday for a week and got nothing. Phone the store and they say no chance without an online reservation. They always seem to have a few handsets knocking about for a new contract connection though.