Advice needed please

Simples

Hi all,

I'm looking into buying a new (second hand) car soon. After a drive in a friends convertible, I am looking into one myself.

We have no kids yet, so my car would be the 'fun' car for me and my other half. She's happy to have the 'family' car, if or when we have kids.

I am slightly worried that, as my car is left in a public area at nights, that a soft top would get broken into or vandalised, so I've been looking at hard top convertibles.

The one I'm liking the most so far is the MK2 SLK.

Mercedes-SLK-Roadster.jpg

So, my question is, can a mid thirties male get away with the second generation SLK? Some people I have talked to said it is a women's car, which I think the MK1 version is, but, in my opinion, the MK2 version was styled to be more masculine.

If you think it is, can you suggest another hard top convertible? Two seats or four seats are fine!

Thanks in advance.

Simples

Hi all,

I'm looking into buying a new (second hand) car soon. After a drive in a friends convertible, I am looking into one myself.

We have no kids yet, so my car would be the 'fun' car for me and my other half. She's happy to have the 'family' car, if or when we have kids.

I am slightly worried that, as my car is left in a public area at nights, that a soft top would get broken into or vandalised, so I've been looking at hard top convertibles.

The one I'm liking the most so far is the MK2 SLK.

Mercedes-SLK-Roadster.jpg

So, my question is, can a mid thirties male get away with the second generation SLK? Some people I have talked to said it is a women's car, which I think the MK1 version is, but, in my opinion, the MK2 version was styled to be more masculine.

If you think it is, can you suggest another hard top convertible? Two seats or four seats are fine!

Thanks in advance.

Simples

VW Eos?

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the replies.

I decided to go for a soft top in the end. Someone on this thread said they'd had no problems in over 15 years of ownership and a friend of mine rightly said, if someone wants to get into a car, a brick to the window is just as easy as cutting into a roof!

So, I went with my heart and got an Alfa Romeo Spider. Can't wait to pick it up!