Why I want us to Beat Plymouth

Saint Bones

Because they destroyed us at SMS last season and it was one of the worst ever home performances I've ever seen. That's coming from someone who's been going since Lawrie's first spell. Beating them tommorrow night might erase those memories although Euell will probably never forget it!

Perhaps we can have a full fixture list of teams we want to win and lose against?

Well there are 23 other sides in our division and we want to beat all of them.

Unfortunately they all want to beat us as well so it's a bit iffy on that front;

Most supporters want us to win all of our matches, there are a few with agendas who want the others to win, but then they're not supporters at that moment in time are they. Perhaps the sabbatical period for the average football supporter has been invented by Stanley and Long Shot.

I'm a saint's supporter but they're broke and crap and I don't agree with the board's policy so I'm on a break. Yep, sounds good.Perhaps we could have

counselling for disillusioned fans to help them face their troubles and eventually move on and support Skate or Man U. Many manage it, perhaps the club could get a government grant for it.

Once a Saint, ALWAYS a SAINT.

Yes logically but when you want them to lose are you still a Saint?

This is an interesting philosophical question, does being a supporter allow

you to wish for bad results in order to obtain uncertain satisfaction on a point you don't agree with. It's not a new theme,certainly but applied to something as insignificant as football it probably is.

If you as a person wanted your country to lose a war,even if it meant bringing it to an early conclusion, are you a traitor. I can't remember what was said at the time of Vietnam in philosophical circles but it's an interesting point.

Does the means justify the end?

Who knows.

nickg, did you notice I did not mention Lowey on my post above and you said I couldn't do it .....The more games won now the less he will get mentioned, at least by me.

I want us to beat Plymouth because I know the team wants what is best for us fans.

Careful, the medication isn't THAT strong.....

But there is a really interesting phenomenonanonanon (sic) that you have picked up on in the last line..

I think we are actually getting a TEAM now out on the pitch, not a collection of make do almost big names doing their thing. Early days, this is Saints so we know what will happen tomorrow but BOY a win tomorrow could be REALLY important (as usual)

For some of us it is always thus

But there is a really interesting phenomenonanonanon (sic) that you have picked up on in the last line..

I think we are actually getting a TEAM now out on the pitch, not a collection of make do almost big names doing their thing. Early days, this is Saints so we know what will happen tomorrow but BOY a win tomorrow could be REALLY important (as usual)

I see the Dubai government aren't too flush with cash either.

Bet they wish they hadn't squandered 20 million on fireworks and Kylie now;

Just like we wish we hadn't squandered all that money on Saga,John and Euell.

I see the Dubai government aren't too flush with cash either.

Bet they wish they hadn't squandered 20 million on fireworks and Kylie now;

Just like we wish we hadn't squandered all that money on Saga,John and Euell.

Favourite comment of the week - they can blow 20 mil on fireworks but haven't enough money to build a sewage plant....

But in fact to be fair, the money was spent by a Sarf Arikaan geezer, not the gov.

Have to say though, mate of mine stayed there couple of weeks back, the rooms are Travelodge standard, the hotel finishings are cheap and tacky and the "water park" has 6 rides and already the ultra cheap cubicle doors and locker doors are breaking off the hinges. Lots on marketing nothing on the substance..

Meanwhile, yes they just noticed there is a credit crunch - oops

nickg, did you notice I did not mention Lowey on my post above and you said I couldn't do it .....The more games won now the less he will get mentioned, at least by me.

I want us to beat Plymouth because I know the team wants what is best for us fans.

Oh BTW, Kylie was GREAT. Not my favourite music but great night out and no she had a real concert the following night for us plebs!

Favourite comment of the week - they can blow 20 mil on fireworks but haven't enough money to build a sewage plant....

But in fact to be fair, the money was spent by a Sarf Arikaan geezer, not the gov.

Have to say though, mate of mine stayed there couple of weeks back, the rooms are Travelodge standard, the hotel finishings are cheap and tacky and the "water park" has 6 rides and already the ultra cheap cubicle doors and locker doors are breaking off the hinges. Lots on marketing nothing on the substance..

Meanwhile, yes they just noticed there is a credit crunch - oops

Will that affect Citeh ???

I must admit lately I have been unfairly, in some quarters, getting out of my pram...I will not apologise but I am sure most will forgive me. I will keep taking the cider to keep the spirits up.

In the meantime, in case we go on a brama run of wins, I would like to ask those closest to the chosen one, to save me a seat in the Directors box in case, I return to give the Directors my continued advice.

Saints to continue run of wins because they know it makes sense.

I think we'll win, if we can win games and get low attendances at SMS i'll be happy.

Nah we'll get loadsa people tomorrow night. Everybody will start thinking they've arrived in Eldorado because a measly 2.5% has been cut off of VAT.

Means nothing, you have to spend £100 to save(roughly) £2.50. If you haven't got a £100 in the first place you can't spend it can you, seeing that the bank won't lend it to you how can you get it to spend it in the first place.

If the government cracked down on VAT fraud they could probably cut the rate even more.

NB Tax on beer,fags and petrol up so they'll stay the same price.What a tosser that bloke is, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Will that affect Citeh ???

hmmmmmmm.

Decide

Prop up your overheating economy and defend plummeting asset values owned mainly by your citizens or buy Christiano Ronaldo.

Gordon Brown would of course put together 25 different committees to assess the possible outcomes, check the arrival time of the bandwagon and jump aboard proclaiming that it was all his work to get Scabby Dabby on board in the first place

hmmmmmmm.

Decide

Prop up your overheating economy and defend plummeting asset values owned mainly by your citizens or buy Christiano Ronaldo.

Gordon Brown would of course put together 25 different committees to assess the possible outcomes, check the arrival time of the bandwagon and jump aboard proclaiming that it was all his work to get Scabby Dabby on board in the first place

It's a no brainer, Christiano Ronaldo it is then.

lol what do I know eh!

No sooner does WC ask, I give a mate a call and they put on a big press release of their numbers. Maybe I should tap them up for a new car loan after all... (ironic winking thingy)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/dubai/3510908/Dubai-reveals-debt-levels-to-dispel-fears-over-growth.html

Doesn't mean to say that commerce hasn't been walloped. First signs of IT companies going bust this week, that is always a sign things are tough if it is hitting the back end of all the project work here. Construction activity is slowing

Nah we'll get loadsa people tomorrow night. Everybody will start thinking they've arrived in Eldorado because a measly 2.5% has been cut off of VAT.

Means nothing, you have to spend £100 to save(roughly) £2.50. If you haven't got a £100 in the first place you can't spend it can you, seeing that the bank won't lend it to you how can you get it to spend it in the first place.

If the government cracked down on VAT fraud they could probably cut the rate even more.

NB Tax on beer,fags and petrol up so they'll stay the same price.What a tosser that bloke is, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Without getting into party politics, which I can't say I'm too aligned to (I'm more of an interested observer), I'm not sure how cutting VAT by 2.5% is going to do a lot. I see that the NI rises aren't until 2011....

lol what do I know eh!

No sooner does WC ask, I give a mate a call and they put on a big press release of their numbers. Maybe I should tap them up for a new car loan after all... (ironic winking thingy)

I've just got one, 2.5% off of the Crédit Mutuel (cos my mrs is a civil servant and I work for the government mostly).

Still I'll only get a little Citroen C3 though,don't believe in big cars.

It would be nice and very important to follow up a impressive away victory against a top side with a home win to try and go on a little run and inject some much needed home form and confidence.

Lets get behind the boys and drive them onto victory like we did Saturday great performance great support awesome day out COYR!

Without getting into party politics, which I can't say I'm too aligned to (I'm more of an interested observer), I'm not sure how cutting VAT by 2.5% is going to do a lot. I see that the NI rises aren't until 2011....

That's what I said, you need to spend big to save big, if you can't spend you can't save;

Now if VAT reduction on beer,baccy and petrol hadn't been compensated by a tax rise to keep their prices the same it might be different.

The government want you all to go out and buy a lot of "empire made" trash

to save money you haven't got.

Basic things won't go down and it's just a load of trumpet blowing bullsh!t at one end so they can shaft the upper earning echelons a bit on the next

government's watch.

That's what I said, you need to spend big to save big, if you can't spend you can't save;

Now if VAT reduction on beer,baccy and petrol hadn't been compensated by a tax rise to keep their prices the same it might be different.

The government want you all to go out and buy a lot of "empire made" trash

to save money you haven't got.

Basic things won't go down and it's just a load of trumpet blowing bullsh!t at one end so they can shaft the upper earning echelons a bit on the next

government's watch.

Also, although businesses will theoretically gain from their supplies attracting 2.5% less VAT (which is quite significant), if businesses are in VAT arrears surely some would tempted to reduce their arrears to HMRC and therefore the interest surcharges that they are paying? In which case, bad businesses are propped up at the taxpayers' expense because the net VAT yield is less (hitting public services) but there is no guarantee that they will feel proportional benefit as consumers. Businesses which have been run well could gain but they would have to sell in bulk (and lose some margin) to be able to attract a public that has lost confidence in the banking system and is more likely to save.

Oh well, I suppose XMAS might give the idea a kick-start but at present I'm not totally convinced it'll work.