A few questions to ask Lowe

Tamesaint

Reading the annual accounts , I have a few questions for Lowe:

1. When Rupert left SMS,according to him, the club was financially strong. When he returned it was in a poor state. How can he therefore work with the catalyst for this change - Michael Wide?

2. Isn't it a little disingenous - nay, downright dishonest to compare the bank account on the day he left, 29 June 2006 , with the peak of the summer overdraft? Players are paid their "loyalty bonuses" / signing on fee instalments on 30 June. The bank balance would have been a lot lower two days after Lowe left. It is a bit like me comparing my bank balance the day after I was paid with the balance the day after I had paid my mortgage!!

3. Why does Rupert feel that he is unable to convert the "vocal,negative elements of our support base"? Why does it exist? Why even give them the oxygen of publicity in the annual accounts?

4. What are the "internal sources of finance" that the Directors may consider? Does this mean that Michael Wilde will cough up the long expected £2 million that he promised? Does this mean that Lowe and Cowen may repay some of the £600k they received when they resigned?

5. Do we have to pay that well known wit and raconteur Chris Iwelumo for quoting him in the accounts?

I wonder whether he would answer these questions at the AGM??

Edited by Tamesaint
Correcting typos

How come Lowe and all the other shareholders did nothing or had nothing to say when they were worried that Crouch was spending too much?

Good point.

According tio the Runnymede minutes the bank kept Lowe informed of the financial situation. I wonder why he didn't say something then.

3. Why does Rupert feel that he is unable to convert the "vocal,negative elements of our support base"? Why does it exist? Why even give them the oxygen of publicity in the annual accounts?

QUOTE]

I do wonder why he included a comment in the annual report. Perhaps he is preparing the basis for his exit.

"I tried hard to motivate our customers to get behind our young team in these difficult times, created by others. The customers were blinkered by their opposition to my visionary leadership. I have taken this club as far as I can and hence it is time to resign"

R Lowe, some day soon.

How come Lowe and all the other shareholders did nothing or had nothing to say when they were worried that Crouch was spending too much?

Did Crouch spend too much? from what I remember it was Wilde that was in charge when we bought the players in for 7 million. Crouch was only in charge from Xmas 07 till the end of the season during that time the club bought in Davis the center half who Lowe sold for a profit, he also loaned out 2 of the highest paid players for which he also got slagged for. Why did the finance director who is still there say or do nothing about it?

Some people on this forum forget that it was Wildes board that approved the spending they also got rid of Wilde and left Crouch high and dry.

Why do we have to go over this time & time again?

Reading the annual accounts , I have a few questions for Lowe:

A few questions!!!!!!!!

You could drive a coach and horses through some of the stuff attributed to Lowe in there!!!!!!!!!

1. When Rupert left SMS,according to him, the club was financially strong. When he returned it was in a poor state. How can he therefore work with the catalyst for this change - Michael Wide?

As I have said elsewhere, any notion that the Club was in a strong position back in 2006 is rather suspect at the very least. It wasn't long before that he "didn't know where the next penny was coming from", and the cashflow showed millions flying out the door.

I would rather Wilde was asked for his thoughts on Lowe's comments. LOL.

2. Isn't it a little disingenous - nay, downright dishonest to compare the bank account on the day he left, 29 June 2006 , with the peak of the summer overdraft? Players are paid their "loyalty bonuses" / signing on fee instalments on 30 June. The bank balance would have been a lot lower two days after Lowe left. It is a bit like me comparing my bank balance the day after I was paid with the balance the day after I had paid my mortgage!!

I loved this one.

The equivalent comparison was that our overdraft was 4.4 million, so why the need to compare apples with pears???

If anything, it shows that even under Lowe this summer our overdraft went up by 2m LOL.

You might also want to ask him to justify the 3.4m he has quoted as being on deposit when he left.

The question you should ask is what was our net cash position, as we also had an overdraft when he left, along with deposit accounts. The net cash figure including the treasury Deposit back then was 2.8m

Without a strong mandate you would have thought Lowe would have been doing all he can to build bridges, win people round and engender a spirit of unity.

Instead, once again he launches in to the Lunatic Fringe. LOL.

4. What are the "internal sources of finance" that the Directors may consider? Does this mean that Michael Wilde will cough up the long expected £2 million that he promised? Does this mean that Lowe and Cowen may repay some of the £600k they received when they resigned?

A very good question. I saw this as further player sales, but an explanation would be useful.

5. Do we have to pay that well known wit and raconteur Chris Iwelumo for quoting him in the accounts?

I had to laugh when the legendary Chris Iwelumo (no disrespect Mr Iwelumo) is wheeled out as a referee to our pioneering ways.

There were other little dittys in there such as he and his cabal stepped down in the interests of unity!!!! Yeah right they did. They held on to the bitter end, as was their right, but let's not suggest they went in the spirit of unity. LOL.

Also that many of these youngsters had been overlooked. Overlooked by whom??? George Burley??? Appointed by whom????

And good to see we are playing an attacking brand of Dutch football:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would also ask Michael Wilde if he is happy with the foreword to the accounts that Lowe signed off???? If so, he certainly sees things differently from when I spoke to him last!!!!!

A few questions!!!!!!!!

You could drive a coach and horses through some of the stuff attributed to Lowe in there!!!!!!!!!

As I have said elsewhere, any notion that the Club was in a strong position back in 2006 is rather suspect at the very least. It wasn't long before that he "didn't know where the next penny was coming from", and the cashflow showed millions flying out the door.

I would rather Wilde was asked for his thoughts on Lowe's comments. LOL.

I loved this one.

The equivalent comparison was that our overdraft was 4.4 million, so why the need to compare apples with pears???

If anything, it shows that even under Lowe this summer our overdraft went up by 2m LOL.

You might also want to ask him to justify the 3.4m he has quoted as being on deposit when he left.

The question you should ask is what was our net cash position, as we also had an overdraft when he left, along with deposit accounts. The net cash figure including the treasury Deposit back then was 2.8m

Without a strong mandate you would have thought Lowe would have been doing all he can to build bridges, win people round and engender a spirit of unity.

Instead, once again he launches in to the Lunatic Fringe. LOL.

A very good question. I saw this as further player sales, but an explanation would be useful.

I had to laugh when the legendary Chris Iwelumo (no disrespect Mr Iwelumo) is wheeled out as a referee to our pioneering ways.

There were other little dittys in there such as he and his cabal stepped down in the interests of unity!!!! Yeah right they did. They held on to the bitter end, as was their right, but let's not suggest they went in the spirit of unity. LOL.

Also that many of these youngsters had been overlooked. Overlooked by whom??? George Burley??? Appointed by whom????

And good to see we are playing an attacking brand of Dutch football:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would also ask Michael Wilde if he is happy with the foreword to the accounts that Lowe signed off???? If so, he certainly sees things differently from when I spoke to him last!!!!!

Ah Um Pahars in masturbatory glee over accounts shock....

Ah Um Pahars in masturbatory glee over accounts shock....

LOL.

If anything, my reply was more to do with the waffle, spin and teflon approach surrounding the accounts, rather than the numbers themselves.

Lowe doesn't say much anymore, but when he does, there's no doubt that he hasn't changed one iota.

What did you think of some of the claims in there???

Do you think that that footballing legend Chris Iwelumo is a worthy candidate to judge our footballing and financial recovery LOL???

If it's only gone wrong in the last two years, how do you think that plays with our football club chairman???

I think you will find by far the most spending was done when Wilde and later his execs were in charge.

Crouch was only in charge from around last January to the end of the season, during this time he made cutting measures like loaning out Rasiak and Skacel, his only spending was hiring Pearson and bringing in loans like Perry and Wright - which as they probably saved us from relegation was a pretty prudent move.

It's a good question though, what exactly did Lowe do to change/influence what was going on when the club were clearly overspending? From the outside it appears he did nothing.

I think you will find by far the most spending was done when Wilde and later his execs were in charge.

Crouch was only in charge from around last January to the end of the season, during this time he made cutting measures like loaning out Rasiak and Skacel, his only spending was hiring Pearson and bringing in loans like Perry and Wright - which as they probably saved us from relegation was a pretty prudent move.

It's a good question though, what exactly did Lowe do to change/influence what was going on when the club were clearly overspending? From the outside it appears he did nothing.

Yes that is how I see it too.

Wright was only brought in because of the injury to Davis but interestingly is not playing very well at Ipswich I understand but did save us from relegation.