When was the last season that you were as excited pre-season as this one?

trousers

The height of the Branfoot era.

Unless Saints start well i expect another season of turmoil off the pitch.

Lowe should never have been allowed to return as his pressence means that fans won't be patient and the normal LOWE OUT service will soon be resumed.

I've seen nothing in the pre season that makes me think that we will do anything but struggle. Let's hope I'm way off the mark but I fear that we lack the necessary ability and class in too many areas. Sorry to be so downbeat but realistically the writing is on the wall. Don't be mislead by the draw against West Ham and what appears to be on paper reasonable displays against Celtic and Stoke. I suspect we will be brought right down to earth this Saturday against Cardiff. I will be very interested to see how this inexperienced team and especially the inexperienced Management team cope when things start to go wrong.

Good to see you are being positive!!!!! Lets support the team and see. There seems to be an optimistic vibe around these youngsters rather than the usual shambles of a pre season we have being playing attractive football and scoring a few goals.I don't know this is a gamble but I am hopeful that we have the makings of a Top 8 side........errggh maybe!

I think we will either be ether really good and overflowing with confidence, or smashed by a very brutal CCC. The first half dozen games will make all the difference. :rolleyes:

I think you are right ponto - anything could happen; we do have the potential to race away with the league but a few set backs/bad breaks could see us fighting relegation. At least we do have a few 'ugly' players to call on if needed...

Well, I'm excited on TWO fronts. My womens' team won a mini-tournament yesterday and we haven't even started team training yet. I played a half in each short game and I may well play this season as we were demoted last season (and they are now desperate enough to sign me!). :-)

Plus on the Saints front the reports suggest the team are moving on and off the ball. It's such a basic good footballing habit, at every level, but how much of it have we seen from Saints recently. Not much from the games I've seen on visits home or the odd internet streamed game. Maybe I'll even see a win on my next visit home....

Do you "do" total football because if you do JP could well come calling?

• 5 months later...
I have been excited with anticipation that we will either survive (when we were in the Premiership) or improve before every season except this one. This one I'm just plain apprehensive. I'm going to wait a few games before making any judgement about whether I'm going to be excited or not.

Glad that in hindsight I adopted the correct attitude of wait and see before any euphoric anticipation of what might come to pass.

As it happens though, we have been worse than I could have ever anticipated.

Glad that in hindsight I adopted the correct attitude of wait and see before any euphoric anticipation of what might come to pass.

As it happens though, we have been worse than I could have ever anticipated.

phew, only have to change one word from my pre season view...

Oh I'm nervous and excited as hell about the new season, it just could, maybe possibly work.

Or it could just break our hearts again.

Don't you LOVE football!

Should now read

Don't you HATE football.

Well done JP nice try, today would be a good time to offer to step down and continue to be head coach and BEGGING the powers that be to appoint

A MANAGER to tell you where to put the cones in training

No one could accuse us of not being positive.

Err, i think you'll find i was not positive at all. This season was always going to be a disaster.

Q. When were you this excited pre season?

The height of the Branfoot era.