How Do you rate yoshida?

Mr X

His positional play and reading of the game is absolutely superb.

He's not very good at crossing... I can't imagine many centre backs are.

He's still bloody rubbish at reading diagonal balls over his head and always waits far too long before reacting to them. Though since he started playing for us, either his passing has improved or I've just got used to expecting him to half-shin it to a teammate's feet.

He's a better right back than Cork, and that's about as good as I can go on him there. Strange decision not to play Clyne, but who knows why that was the case?

He's still bloody rubbish at reading diagonal balls over his head and always waits far too long before reacting to them. Though since he started playing for us, either his passing has improved or I've just got used to expecting him to half-shin it to a teammate's feet.

He's a better right back than Cork, and that's about as good as I can go on him there. Strange decision not to play Clyne, but who knows why that was the case?

Extra "presence" defending set pieces versus Holt?

Being played out of position aside do you think he is good enough? I think he'd be a good championship player but not convinced his positioning and ball skills are good enough his crosses are truely shocking and I just feel nervous whenever he has a one on one. Will he get better?

Yep he was totally **** at the weekend, when we got the ball in a decent position, the numpty crossed to the opposition... ****ing ******

Possibly our most improved player...reads the game well, stands off when outdone for height and tackles more than adequately. Agreed that RB does not appear to be his best position but then...it isn't. Looks more accomplished every game for me.

As it's been mentioned on a Yoshida thread already - Jos...just gets on with it and looks better the more his confidence grows...he has fought for his place and has earnt it.

I think he started weakly but has greatly improved as the season developed. He does have weaknesses, but I would have him as starting CB with Jose in my team. Can we do better? Of course, but we've aready bought in one player to strengthen our back line and he hasn't even been blooded so i can't say if he would be better.

Of our 3 playing CB's (Forren can't be judged till he's maybe played one day) Yoshida is the best. He's the most intelligent and best at making decisions. A simple example was his performance at home against Norwich where instead of doing what Hooiveld ALWAYS does against big strikers (jumping with them for the ball and conceding free kicks) he took a step back on Holt and won the ball as Holt was failing to control the ball. He does the simple things in the right way that give him an edge to his overall game.

Not a LB or a RB sadly (not matter how many of our managers thing he can play out there) as he's not really the best crosser, but neither is Fonte or Hooiveld (both had terrible attempts at shots last weekend as well). Him and Fonte are still our most effective CB pairing though.

Of our 3 playing CB's (Forren can't be judged till he's maybe played one day) Yoshida is the best. He's the most intelligent and best at making decisions. A simple example was his performance at home against Norwich where instead of doing what Hooiveld ALWAYS does against big strikers (jumping with them for the ball and conceding free kicks) he took a step back on Holt and won the ball as Holt was failing to control the ball. He does the simple things in the right way that give him an edge to his overall game.

Not a LB or a RB sadly (not matter how many of our managers thing he can play out there) as he's not really the best crosser, but neither is Fonte or Hooiveld (both had terrible attempts at shots last weekend as well). Him and Fonte are still our most effective CB pairing though.

Actually Fonte put 2 beautiful crosses into the area which Lallana at least on one occasion failed to tuck away.

i think as most people have stated, has his weaknesses, but on the whole has been pretty good.

I rate his season a solid 7.2 thus far.

reckon he's also worth a few mill more than what we paid as well.... not that we should be selling him

Actually Fonte put 2 beautiful crosses into the area which Lallana at least on one occasion failed to tuck away.

Curse Fonte proving me wrong!

i think as most people have stated, has his weaknesses, but on the whole has been pretty good.

I rate his season a solid 7.2 thus far.

reckon he's also worth a few mill more than what we paid as well.... not that we should be selling him

I agree 7.2 is a fair rating, worth significantly more than the £2m we paid for him at very least!