Does anyone else still hate Derby?

Thorpe-le-Saint

My hatred for Derby goes back way before the playoff defeat. They've always been a bunch of cheating c***s! In the 1997-98 season we lost up there 4-0 in the league when one of their two Italian tw**s Eranio fell on the floor and they were given the penalty, we went 1 down and collapsed after that. I wasn't at that game but I was at Pride Park that same season for the 3rd round FA Cup tie. A horrible day freezing cold and back then one corner of the ground was open, and the wind was howling through, then it started snowing! Still it was a sh!te game had 0-0 written all over it until they were awarded an even more ridiculous penalty(the worst penalty decision I have ever seen, although the one Leicester got at the Walkers in 2003 runs it a close second) basically their other Italian t**t Baiano fell in the penalty area despite the fact that Carlton Palmer was nowhere near him and didn't even attempt a tackle ffs! There is no way the ref could have seen the incident from where he was but the assistant could yet he did nothing!!

Plus who remembers them grabbing a 3-3 draw at the Dell think it was back in 1999 when we were 3-2 up the board came up with 4 mins of stoppage time, yet Mickael Beck headed home 5 and half mins into injury time!

I for one hope they keep PJ as they are heading for League One if they do and that would make me very happy!

I am certainly in a minority but are not the only one

You obviously haven't read all the posts on this thread

The teams I dislike most are the ones who viciously attack our fans - like Cardiff

btw The word is definitely

deffinately is probably a type of coffee for dyslexics.

Infraction for taking the **** out of dyslexics per chance? ;)

To be honest JayRam, I now feel nothing about Derby. Although we lost again Saturday, I'm not worried about were Poortvliet is taking our club, if I was a Derby fan however I would be worried about Jewell. I mean, come on, the guys a joke!

It was a case of you lot 'Getting yours' and us getting some sort of revenge. And we did, so I am now a happy man.

My hatred for Derby goes back way before the playoff defeat. They've always been a bunch of cheating c***s! In the 1997-98 season we lost up there 4-0 in the league when one of their two Italian tw**s Eranio fell on the floor and they were given the penalty, we went 1 down and collapsed after that. I wasn't at that game but I was at Pride Park that same season for the 3rd round FA Cup tie. A horrible day freezing cold and back then one corner of the ground was open, and the wind was howling through, then it started snowing! Still it was a sh!te game had 0-0 written all over it until they were awarded an even more ridiculous penalty(the worst penalty decision I have ever seen, although the one Leicester got at the Walkers in 2003 runs it a close second) basically their other Italian t**t Baiano fell in the penalty area despite the fact that Carlton Palmer was nowhere near him and didn't even attempt a tackle ffs! There is no way the ref could have seen the incident from where he was but the assistant could yet he did nothing!!

Plus who remembers them grabbing a 3-3 draw at the Dell think it was back in 1999 when we were 3-2 up the board came up with 4 mins of stoppage time, yet Mickael Beck headed home 5 and half mins into injury time!

I for one hope they keep PJ as they are heading for League One if they do and that would make me very happy!

Good post, I can remember all those games too. Think Delap scored for Derby in the 3-3 game, which is probably what convinced us to blow £4m on him. If they don't win their next two it'll be a year since they last won a game.

but we won't go down either

Wouldn't be so sure about that. You look absolutely awful at the moment.

Yeah Delap scored to put them 1 up, I think it was Doddsy's headed back pass went past the advancing Jones and Rory nipped in to scramble it in. Ball, Delap and Jones all ended up in the back of the net. I think this was the game that Marian scored straight from the restart with a 30 yarder into the top corner. Oakley scored twice I think, probably why they signed him a few years later! ;)

hi there Saints, jsut been browsing some of the championship message boards and i saw that some of you still hate us. Really you should just move on, what happened in the play-offs was well over a year ago now, you've fallen away due to financial problems and we've become a kind of national laughing stock, only helped by our managers home made vids.

we actually did you a favour, by looking at what happened, if you'd beaten us and beat west brom you would be the team wit hthe lowest points total in premiership history, admittedly it wouldn't have been as few a points as we finished on, but you would have taken that dubious honour nevertheless.

In terms of the upcoming game, we haven't gelled as a team and it will probably take quite a while to do so. We needed a fresh start and so bringing in 13 players has led to the obvious defeat against Doncaster. Please don't take this the wrong way but if you are signing Lee Holmes to improve your team then you are gonna struggle this season and i do expect us to beat you. I live in holland and the fact that all my dutch friends who are into football have nver even heard of your manager speaks volumes to your predicament.i will wish you luck, derby only staved off relegation to the third tier under similar cicumstances about 4 seasons ago and i know its gonna be a long hard season for you.

Nah, we'd have won the Prem if we'd gone up. FACT. :D

I'm still not over your nob-tastic pitch invasion of maximum gloating and minimal actual celebration, and I'm not the only one.

If it hadn't been for meeting a Derby fan on holiday a few weeks later I'd still want you to go bankrupt following a 14 goal defeat to us in your last ever game as your stadium fell to pieces. As it is I'll settle for 12.

PS Is that the Lee Holmes that's been one of our best players in a better than last year team (until Saturday), is our outlet, and provides a constant flow of crosses to the front man ? He's my player of the season so far.

PPS Is that the manager your Dutch friends "have never heard" of that played in the most recent World Cup Final that Holland played in ? Do any of your Dutch friends actually watch football, or know anything about it ?

PPPS You didn't just lose to Doncaster, you lost to us as well. And apparently we're in for a "long hard season"...

Ah hindsight...

Good post, I can remember all those games too. Think Delap scored for Derby in the 3-3 game, which is probably what convinced us to blow £4m on him. If they don't win their next two it'll be a year since they last won a game.

Wouldn't be so sure about that. You look absolutely awful at the moment.

Well yes I'll give you that, and I'm not convinced about Jewell being the man for the job, but it only needs a league win and things will sort themselves out. I think we'll just bump along in lower mid table for a couple of seasons but I can live with that after last season!

Glad to see Holmes doing well - he's a good lad who didnt get a fair crack of the whip at Derby - I reckon he'll be good for you this season.

I used to think Deby fans were a bit too big for their boots,but at my last visit to Pride Park(couple of weeks ago),we had a beer or two in the Pride Park pub and before and after they were some of the most decent fans ive met for a long time.Im not just talking about family groups,there were a lot of lads around as well.

They even apologised for those chavs who came on the pitch at the play-offs.

Perhaps we got them wrong?

Well yes I'll give you that, and I'm not convinced about Jewell being the man for the job, but it only needs a league win and things will sort themselves out. I think we'll just bump along in lower mid table for a couple of seasons but I can live with that after last season!

Glad to see Holmes doing well - he's a good lad who didnt get a fair crack of the whip at Derby - I reckon he'll be good for you this season.

I think it will need more than one but you don't look like getting even that at the moment;-)

I didn't go to the infamous play-off game so probably don't dislike Derby as much as many of those who did. But I do like to see them suffering because the only Derby fan I've known personally upset me greatly and I think of him every time they lose (so I think of him more often than is strictly healthy). I'm quite happy to believe, though, that every other Derby fan is a fine citizen who deserves better than Paul Jewell is ever likely to deliver.

I remember being in Derby with my dad about 10 years ago, desperately looking for a place to get a curry, and failing. I've hated Derby ever since that faitful night.

Them gloating on the pitch didn't help that much either. Can't stand them. What they did on the pitch after beating us was totally ridiculous, and I'll never think of them the same way. Always hope they lose.

I remember being in Derby with my dad about 10 years ago, desperately looking for a place to get a curry, and failing. I've hated Derby ever since that fateful night.

Them gloating on the pitch didn't help that much either. Can't stand them. What they did on the pitch after beating us was totally ridiculous, and I'll never think of them the same way. Always hope they lose.

Funnily enough the one thing I DID manage to get in Derby the night of that penalty shoot out defeat was a really nice, good value curry. At about 2am after a fair bit of wandering. I think it was probably about 01:00 by the time the rain had eased off enough to try and walk to town in the first place though ! :D

The gloating was all the more ridiculous as we'd totally outplayed them on the night as well and they were (again) lucky as hell...

No ****! What would it take for you to convince you that he is the man for the job?

P.S-I still hate Derby