Does anyone else still hate Derby?

Thorpe-le-Saint

Two choices....

(a) Rise above

or

(b) Sink to their level

Easy choice IMHO

I would never sink to that level as im not a goading fool who spits on people, yea im sure most of there fans wouldnt choose to spit on me (i'd like to think!) but hey im shallow enough to let my self pretend that it was joint decision by ALL derby fans to spit on me, and for that ill never forgive them.

I just want revenge in the form of a couple of decent goals man :) I cant go to this one as ill be at the reading festival, id love to go there again tho, to re-live THAT Rasiak goal.

After reading the majority of the posts on the 'Paul Jewell' thread, I seem to be in the minority of Saints supporters who hates Derby with the same passion that I hate P*mpey. Surely I am not the only one sad enough who still looks back at upon those Derby fans on the pitch as c-units?

It broke my heart that night....On my birthday too.

And I will never forgive those sheep f*ckers who ran on to the pitch to taunt us.

I will be back at (gay) pride park on the 23rd to welcome them back....

The reason I disliked Derby was nothing to do with their fans. It was their nasty little manager whose gameplan was to kick Gareth Bale until he could not play any more and then claim as a tactical masterstroke!

Their other tactic was to give away niggling free kicks at 40-45 yards out.

They were far and away the dirtiest team I have seen for a long time.

'Hating' a football team is akin to 'hating' black people, ginger-haired people, etc. - totally irrational IMO

My hating Derby is akin to racism? That is pretty stupid.

IMO anyone who claims to 'hate' a football team is a bit sad.

How very, very patronising.

Hating teams is what football is all about. It's what makes the atmosphere so special. When you beat someone you hate it makes the win extra special. I did hate Derby, but most of the players from that team who I hated have now left now (Stephen Bywater, Darren Moore, Billy Davies, Steve Howard). That said it would be very sweet if we managed to nick win at Pride Park again.

I agree with you, it is only football pantomime hate. I do not genuinely loathe them in the same way I hate racists or patronising sods but I do still hate Derby, when I think about the their fans behavior that night or Bywater's behavior I cannot do anything but "hate" them.

I guess this makes me sad and irrational :)

I don't like lots of clubs, Derby being one of them. Others include northern clubs (i.e. north of Winchester), western clubs (i.e. west of Ringwood) and eastern clubs (i.e. Hedgend and further east).

Special mentions for Newcastle, Leeds, Chelsea, Spurs, Wolves, Stoke, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Everton, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Leicester, Tranmere and Luton.

I remember the league game at St Mary's when we absolutely smashed then for the first 30 mins (Rasiak missing an open goal after about 5 mins, Sagga doing the same about 10 mins later ala Gazza in 96 versus the Germans). Remember thinking at the time that it was a make or break game for us - if we won we were right in it for auto promotion, but if we lost we were hoping for play offs at best. The amount of chances we created in that first half was ridiculous and you just got that feeling it was going to be one of those days. So much so I went to put a bet on at half time, (1-0 Derby) until my girlfriend caught me and reminded me that I never bet against my team.

Was double gutted after that.

League doesn't lie though, although we deserved to beat them in the Play-offs. Who knows what would have happened after that? Don't really hate them, but I must admit, always hope that they lose after that.

'Hate' is never a word that should be used seriously by football fans about another club or its supporters. We all support our own teams, and we need each other, but sometimes 'hate' is not meant in its strongest sense, but is just to indicate greater rivalry with a particular club. As for Derby, who have often done well against us over the years, we should be grateful that it was them who spent a miserable season losing game after game in the Prem last year. It could so easily have been us! Thanks Derby!

'Hate' is never a word that should be used seriously by football fans about another club or its supporters. We all support our own teams, and we need each other, but sometimes 'hate' is not meant in its strongest sense, but is just to indicate greater rivalry with a particular club. As for Derby, who have often done well against us over the years, we should be grateful that it was them who spent a miserable season losing game after game in the Prem last year. It could so easily have been us! Thanks Derby!

We would have done better than Derby.

We would have done better than Derby.

I respect the optimism, and although there might have been some signings, they would have been Burley signings, although we would largely had the same squad that was bottom of the CCC by April. We would also still have had Burley making his strange decisions on team selection.

I respect the optimism, and although there might have been some signings, they would have been Burley signings, although we would largely had the same squad that was bottom of the CCC by April. We would also still have had Burley making his strange decisions on team selection.

Bale and Jones would have probably stayed. We would have had money to patch the holes in the team up and we would have continued to play a style of football that was far better suited to the Premiership than Derby's.

To be honest, I'm not actually that bothered about Pompey right now, particularly given that they're light years ahead of us at the moment.

And yes, I'm still pretty bitter about that night, and I laughed very loudly when the Doncaster goal came through on Soccer Saturday. :D

It shows the difference when we as fans stayed behind to applaud Arsenal when they won the cup, and also applauded Derby despite the disappointment. I actually like Paul Jewell as a manager but that sh1te Billy Davis got everything coming to him. Ungracious and arrogant even in victory.

I have no feeling for any other team there are some who give me great pleasure seeing them get beat especially by us!!

Man United, Pompey and Derby are three of them.

Like many I looked for the Derby results in the PL and smiled. Although did have a fantastic away day there one year with London Saints, but anything that embarrasses them raises a smile.

So I particularly liked this article yesterday - Derby the eco-friendly team saving the planet - and the pretty harsh "dreamt up by a latte luvva"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/mikenorrish/blog/2008/08/11/derby_turn_into_ecowarriors_to_leave_jewell_in_need_of_a_break

Hate is a very strong word and I think its a shame that some people see other football fans in that context just because of the team they support. There's nothing wrong with banter and a bit of needle - thats what makes football the passionate game it is, but for some Saints fans to say they hate Derby supporters is ridiculous. I know there was a lot of needle a couple of seasons ago because we were both going for promotion, and Rams fans were as much to blame for this, but it really is time to move on.

Strange

Hate is a very strong word and I think its a shame that some people see other football fans in that context just because of the team they support. There's nothing wrong with banter and a bit of needle - thats what makes football the passionate game it is, but for some Saints fans to say they hate Derby supporters is ridiculous. I know there was a lot of needle a couple of seasons ago because we were both going for promotion, and Rams fans were as much to blame for this, but it really is time to move on.

I hate you.

I won't be able to move on till we give you the beating on the pitch that you guys were asking for that season! I was sat about 4 rows from the front of the pitch that night and what I saw drove me insane after suffering a defeat against your dodgy outfit. If we were ever to play you in a match like that again and get the victory, when/if we goad your fans into almost a blind rage, we'll see what you have to say then, eh Jayram?

Edited by Thorpe-le-Saint

Compare the reaction of the West Brom fans last year at The Hawthorns when a draw was enough to send them up. They all came over to our fans to wish us luck in our fight against relegation and the disgusting behaviour of the Derby rabble on that notorious evening at Pride Park and you will understand why I wish West Brom nothing but good luck this season in the Premiership and Derby nothing but the worst this season back in the Championship. You get out of life what you deserve. Enough said!!

It shows the difference when we as fans stayed behind to applaud Arsenal when they won the cup, and also applauded Derby despite the disappointment. I actually like Paul Jewell as a manager but that sh1te Billy Davis got everything coming to him. Ungracious and arrogant even in victory.

I have no feeling for any other team there are some who give me great pleasure seeing them get beat especially by us!!

Man United, Pompey and Derby are three of them.

Davies' performance on Soccer Saturday was one of the most mind-numbing and boring pundit performances I've seen. I thought he'd be a good manager for us but not on the evidence of Saturday - "they're back into the game" - no Billy, they were never out of it, your game is 0-0! That said, it was still a great achievement to get that team of heffalumps into the Prem. I was on a train after the play-off first leg with a fair few Derby fans on it and the team they hate is Notts Forest and having been to Notts a few times for work since, the feeling is certainly mutual!

Compare the reaction of the West Brom fans last year at The Hawthorns when a draw was enough to send them up. They all came over to our fans to wish us luck in our fight against relegation

There were quite a few of them doing W***er gestures and saying we are going down, aswell ;)

Davies' performance on Soccer Saturday was one of the most mind-numbing and boring pundit performances I've seen. I thought he'd be a good manager for us but not on the evidence of Saturday - "they're back into the game" - no Billy, they were never out of it, your game is 0-0! That said, it was still a great achievement to get that team of heffalumps into the Prem. I was on a train after the play-off first leg with a fair few Derby fans on it and the team they hate is Notts Forest and having been to Notts a few times for work since, the feeling is certainly mutual!

Considering he seemed to be an in demand manager last season it is strange that Billy Davis has not found another club yet.

After reading the majority of the posts on the 'Paul Jewell' thread, I seem to be in the minority of Saints supporters who hates Derby with the same passion that I hate P*mpey. Surely I am not the only one sad enough who still looks back at upon those Derby fans on the pitch as c-units?

too f*cking right i hate them, c*nts. f*cking randy tw*t manager and f*cking nob end supporters. billy davies is still a complete w*nkstain too.

The reason I disliked Derby was nothing to do with their fans. It was their nasty little manager whose gameplan was to kick Gareth Bale until he could not play any more and then claim as a tactical masterstroke!

Their other tactic was to give away niggling free kicks at 40-45 yards out.

They were far and away the dirtiest team I have seen for a long time.

Nail on Head. I have rarely enjoyed a teams suffering as much as I enjoyed Derbys last season. The club is right up there with Adrian Heath.

hi there Saints, jsut been browsing some of the championship message boards and i saw that some of you still hate us. Really you should just move on, what happened in the play-offs was well over a year ago now, you've fallen away due to financial problems and we've become a kind of national laughing stock, only helped by our managers home made vids.

we actually did you a favour, by looking at what happened, if you'd beaten us and beat west brom you would be the team wit hthe lowest points total in premiership history, admittedly it wouldn't have been as few a points as we finished on, but you would have taken that dubious honour nevertheless.

In terms of the upcoming game, we haven't gelled as a team and it will probably take quite a while to do so. We needed a fresh start and so bringing in 13 players has led to the obvious defeat against Doncaster. Please don't take this the wrong way but if you are signing Lee Holmes to improve your team then you are gonna struggle this season and i do expect us to beat you. I live in holland and the fact that all my dutch friends who are into football have nver even heard of your manager speaks volumes to your predicament.i will wish you luck, derby only staved off relegation to the third tier under similar cicumstances about 4 seasons ago and i know its gonna be a long hard season for you.

Lol@u

too f*cking right i hate them, c*nts. f*cking randy tw*t manager and f*cking nob end supporters. billy davies is still a complete w*nkstain too.

Whilst I cannot concur with the grammar or the destruction of the beautiful English language ( the language of Shakespeare) I agree that Derby and their supporters are a load of ****e!:D

Hate? No, of course not. Never a healthy thing, hate.

But in Derby's case, absolutely nothing to love either. They bullied their way to some sort of success in our league and the inevitable happened . . which they, Bily Davies & Paul Jewell thoroughly deserved. Long may their poor start continue.

Agreed

Rivalry, especially local, is part of what makes football

Unfortunately we seem to have rather a lot of juvenile and/or embittered fans posting at the moment who don't know where to stop.

I'm sure I'm not the only Saints fan who (grudgingly) hopes Pompey beats Man U and the others of the Big 4.

As for Derby, haven't they suffered enough for their sins?

you are deffinately the only one. lol

• 2 weeks later...
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

Oi Jayram you northern monkey, you're not dancing on the pitch now are ya!!?!

I think you are going to have a tough long ol' season, and it couldn't happen to a more deserving club. I hope DCFC rot!

Just seen this having been away on hols for 2 weeks! Felt I had to correct a few inaccuracies here!

1. 'Northern Monkey'? I was born in SE London & have lived in Oxfordshire for 25 years - I just happen to support the Rams. And Derby is in the East Midlands by the way.

2. I didn't dance on the pitch during the play off semi - I stayed in the stands like the nice law abiding fan that I am! The nearest I got to a Saints fan during that night was in the toilets at Leicester Forest East on the way home - not pleasant, as he was bent over trying to dry his a*se using the hand dryer on the wall!

3. I think you may be right about the long old season - we're certainly not going to be troubling the top 6 this time round thats for sure, but we won't go down either.

4. My guess is that we will finish somewhere below mid-table, probably a couple of places above or below yourselves.

5. Which means that this tedious Saints - Derby 'rivalry' will drag on and on..... :-)

Just seen this having been away on hols for 2 weeks! Felt I had to correct a few inaccuracies here!

1. 'Northern Monkey'? I was born in SE London & have lived in Oxfordshire for 25 years - I just happen to support the Rams. And Derby is in the East Midlands by the way.

2. I didn't dance on the pitch during the play off semi - I stayed in the stands like the nice law abiding fan that I am! The nearest I got to a Saints fan during that night was in the toilets at Leicester Forest East on the way home - not pleasant, as he was bent over trying to dry his a*se using the hand dryer on the wall!

3. I think you may be right about the long old season - we're certainly not going to be troubling the top 6 this time round thats for sure, but we won't go down either.

4. My guess is that we will finish somewhere below mid-table, probably a couple of places above or below yourselves.

5. Which means that this tedious Saints - Derby 'rivalry' will drag on and on..... :-)

You have to realise anywhere north of Winchester and you're a Northern Monkey mate!

God knows where I stand - living in deepest darkest East Riding. Still a Southampton lad at heart though!

I have a very strange image of anyone drying his ar*e with a hand dryer - probably one of our more colurful fans who thought it would be good for a laugh!

Derby rivalry...don't make me laugh! I save all my rivalry for the blue few down the coast. The fact is we have a love -in with most fans, all except them! We are the most loved visiting fans in the CCC, especially by the local constabulary because we now have an infamous firm called "The Youth" who go everywhere with us. The only problem is the police take them seriously and even the decent fans get more their our fair share sh*t because of them.

Good luck this season - we will probably pass each other on the M1 at some stage of the season. Who'd be a football fan - or should that be a one club man? Even a golfer has more than one club!

As far as most of us are concerned Basingstoke is close to the Arctic Circle. I won`t even venture north of the Chilworth Roundabout for fear of meeting "Northern Monkeys":)

As far as most of us are concerned Basingstoke is close to the Arctic Circle. I won`t even venture north of the Chilworth Roundabout for fear of meeting "Northern Monkeys":)

As far as WE'RE concerned, you lot up there are ALL northern monkeys

:-)

Don't you love "isms" there is always another way of looking at them. Long live compassism

you are deffinately the only one. lol

I am certainly in a minority but are not the only one

You obviously haven't read all the posts on this thread

The teams I dislike most are the ones who viciously attack our fans - like Cardiff

btw The word is definitely

deffinately is probably a type of coffee for dyslexics.