Beef with a glory hunting mate!

pap

I've got a mate, former colleague that I met in Liverpool in 2003. Opinionated Welsh gobsh!te. We get on well. Anyway, this bloke is a Liverpool supporter and tells the usual glory hunter tale of having a granddad who supported the team. His local team is Swansea. Anyways, when Swansea won the League Cup he starts giving it large on Facebook about their success.

My contention is that after a decade of giving it large about another team (typical LFC have a go at every other team fan), he can't very well start bigging up his hometown team as soon as they get a sniff of success. What do the Footy Police reckon here? Have I got him bang to rights?

I've got a mate, former colleague that I met in Liverpool in 2003. Opinionated Welsh gobsh!te. We get on well. Anyway, this bloke is a Liverpool supporter and tells the usual glory hunter tale of having a granddad who supported the team. His local team is Swansea. Anyways, when Swansea won the League Cup he starts giving it large on Facebook about their success.

My contention is that after a decade of giving it large about another team (typical LFC have a go at every other team fan), he can't very well start bigging up his hometown team as soon as they get a sniff of success. What do the Footy Police reckon here? Have I got him bang to rights?

Only if he's totally disavowing Liverpool for Swansea.

Only if he's totally disavowing Liverpool for Swansea.

He's claiming he's always loved both teams, and it's "just this amazing situation where both teams have ended up in the same league".

I remember asking him why he didn't support the Swans back in the day. He said "'cos they're f**king s**t!" :)

Has anyone ever used a glory hole? Bletch? Who was the first person to come up with the idea and how did it go down with the person next door? It must have taken a massive leap of faith to be the first person to stick your knob through a hole in the hope it gets sucked. Bear, what's the scene like these days? Are they still popular?

Perhaps if there are a lot of stories, we should have another thread on it and stop derailing pap's beef glory thread.

I have a mate who gave up on Saints back in 2005 and switched allegiance. Now claims he supports both clubs. I think this is a bit like bigamy. I think it's alright to have a soft spot for another club (bit like having a fling) but this behaviour just isn't on and is criminal.

I think it is a common feature of a football 'fan' with no soul or real connection with a club - "plastics" I think we call them now.

I have an acquaintance, born near Brighton and worked near Reading for many years. Back in the L1 days a couple of years ago he was a Brighton supporter and kept on about how they were above Saints in the league. In the Champ season he was still Brighton for a while until we left them well behind and suddenly he was a Reading fan (lived there for many years). So at the end of season he was still ahead of me. This season he started Reading but is now Chelsea as his grandson is a 'Chelsea' fan although he lives in Bracknell. I no longer support Saints, I am a Man City fan as my mother was born in Manchester (in 1909). At the moment it is the only was I can get ahead of him! I will switch back to Saints when we over take Chelsea (although I did revert temporarily to Saints after the draw there!).