"Come on you ...Greys ?"

Raven on the wing

Reflections on a good day out at Charlton on Saturday. Aldershot fans in the Hole in the wall (pub@ Waterloo station ) I ask you ? " Antigallican (pub @ Charlton) packed out with Saints fans. Great display from Kelvin first half - glaring miss by BWP in a second half which we dominated . Inspired substitution by JP bringing on Pearce at half time. AP won everything in the air and resticted Charlton to virtually no chances in second half. Good performance overall - with the kids standing up to be counted playing their football -especially second half. Much prefer the yellow away strip though than the fashionable ( ? ) grey colours. "Yellow - yellow yellow" always sounds good, and gives us a much clearer identity away. Come on you Greys has no place in football folklore !

Reflections on a good day out at Charlton on Saturday. Aldershot fans in the Hole in the wall (pub@ Waterloo station ) I ask you ? " Antigallican (pub @ Charlton) packed out with Saints fans. Great display from Kelvin first half - glaring miss by BWP in a second half which we dominated . Inspired substitution by JP bringing on Pearce at half time. AP won everything in the air and resticted Charlton to virtually no chances in second half. Good performance overall - with the kids standing up to be counted playing their football -especially second half. Much prefer the yellow away strip though than the fashionable ( ? ) grey colours. "Yellow - yellow yellow" always sounds good, and gives us a much clearer identity away. Come on you Greys has no place in football folklore !

Clapham Junction - Millwall, Charlton, QPR, Palace, Aldershot, Southampton and 32,000 special constables. :)

Bringing Pearce on was common sense, not inspired. Not having a go at him because it WAS the right decision, but any of us would have done exactly the same.

Something that might have been overlooked by Mr Burley however.

As for "come on you greys", the simple remedy is to change the last word to 'Saints'.It has often irked me that we sing 'reds' (MancU and L/pool are the 'reds' we are the Saints ) as we don't play in plain boring red shirts.

"Bringing Pearce on was common sense, not inspired. Not having a go at him because it WAS the right decision, but any of us would have done exactly the same."

Bringing Pearce on may have been an obvious move but pushing Cork into midfield and taking off Robertson was not - don't know what impression the commentary gave but Robertson was doing OK in the first half. I thought JP might have taken off James.

His tactical switch - as well as personnel switch - was highly effective and Charlton had no answer.

I thought Lloyd James had one of his better games and was one of our best players (bar Kelvin) on the day.

didn't see him getting beat in the air at the back post every single time then? He's a liability defensively.

Reflections on a good day out at Charlton on Saturday. Aldershot fans in the Hole in the wall (pub@ Waterloo station ) I ask you ? " Antigallican (pub @ Charlton) packed out with Saints fans.

Was a bit shocked to see so many Aldershot fans come out of Waterloo East, anyone know who they were fighting with?

Something that might have been overlooked by Mr Burley however.

As for "come on you greys", the simple remedy is to change the last word to 'Saints'.It has often irked me that we sing 'reds' (MancU and L/pool are the 'reds' we are the Saints ) as we don't play in plain boring red shirts.

Just wondered when we stopped singing Saints and started signing Reds, was always Saints when I was a kid!

No he's not, I think he's a hugely underrated player. Some of his tackling was nothing short of superb on Saturday.

Underrated because he was played out of position at the start of the season, and he had to come into a young team, with next to no experience at the top level himself.

What's impressive is that he has taken loads of flack, been dropped from the team, and come back in to give some decent performances. If he keeps improving he is exactly the the type of player we need - a young Nick Holmes perhaps?

Underrated because he was played out of position at the start of the season, and he had to come into a young team, with next to no experience at the top level himself.

What's impressive is that he has taken loads of flack, been dropped from the team, and come back in to give some decent performances. If he keeps improving he is exactly the the type of player we need - a young Nick Holmes perhaps?

If only...!

A sea of Yellow must create a good feeling for our lads when they come out on the pitch. It has good memories for supporters of games @ Derby (support wise ! ) the millenium staduim , Villa Park (Cup semi v Watford ) etc. Teams like Charlton who wear red , we are indistinguishable from their lot !

We wore red & white against Watford at Villa Park