Itil

Batman

Did a little bit years ago, like PRINCE2 Project Management it's very handy if you've got a large organisation which uses the principles to give you something to relate to, and it's much easier to do the practical before the theory.

I've worked in ITIL organisations as a Support Team Manager, Infrastructure Manager and an IT Project Manager (both sides of the IT divide), but aside from Gate 2 and Gate 4 technical sign offs for Release Management compliance, as a PM it's just the techies that generally have to worry about it.

Which particular aspects of ITIL, anyway ?

Did a little bit years ago, like PRINCE2 Project Management it's very handy if you've got a large organisation which uses the principles to give you something to relate to, and it's much easier to do the practical before the theory.

I've worked in ITIL organisations as a Support Team Manager, Infrastructure Manager and an IT Project Manager (both sides of the IT divide), but aside from Gate 2 and Gate 4 technical sign offs for Release Management compliance, as a PM it's just the techies that generally have to worry about it.

Which particular aspects of ITIL, anyway ?

not doing a full course but studying an over view of ITIL and its sets, Strategy, Design, Operation, Transition and CSI. and how that interacts with my organisation down to the user.

thank god I am not doing a full course on this. what a load of management waffle

Done the foundation course in V2 and V3 (thankfully not had to go any further than the foundation course) - the basic principles of ITIL are very good but as with most things it's had the ass kicked out of it and you can drown in the mumbo jumbo but useful to have on your CV if you're planning to work in the IT world

not doing a full course but studying an over view of ITIL and its sets, Strategy, Design, Operation, Transition and CSI. and how that interacts with my organisation down to the user.

thank god I am not doing a full course on this. what a load of management waffle

Yeah, management black arts stuff like Project Management, which now I'm qualified in to government standards I can confirm is just "doing logical project stuff" all the way through. Somewhere under all the OTT jargon is a decent guide to best practice.

The problem with ITIL, is that again to be it certified costs a frigging fortune. Like The9 I hold my Prince2 and have just done my ITIL, the issue I have with it is if you followed both to the rule you wouldnt get anything done. TBH I pick and chose bits from both to assit me in my roles.