Poortvliet aims to keep loan stars

Bailey

Best news we can hope for, particulary Cork and Pearce.

Cork I can see staying unless Bolton come in as he doesn't look like he has much chance at Chelsea, as for Pearce, he's been excellent. Can't see why Reading would loan him out! Smith was going to be the next big thing 3 years ago but has faded and we haven't really seen anything of him, waste of a loan IMO. Robertson has been largely injured apart from that one corker V Norwich but has featured more recently and Pekhart bar one lovely finish V Ipswich has done little to justify an impressive pedigree.

So I'd keep Cork and Pearce, let the others go. The new lad from Everton sounds very good and buys Mills some development time as he's a bit young for the CCC at present although looks good for 2-3 years time (ditto Gobern). On the loans side, I suspect the fate of Kelvin and Bart may have a say, Kelvin may attract clubs as his form has been unrecognisable and right now he'd win Player of the Season by 300 miles and Bart seems not to be fancied after a flapping session at Rotherham.

no offence Kate from Andover (in the Echo's own message board) but Ryan Smith has been utter ****e and I don't want to see a single penny of my ST mney going to pay his wages. Get rid. We have BWP, Surman, Holmes, Skacel and Lallana who could all fill the wide left role better than he can.

As for the rest. Pekhart looks worse than Patterson, and he is on our own books so don't see the point in signing him up again. Robertson has done very little to impress me. Besides John and Saga will return (hopefyully they won't stay long or the money will run out) so we don't need all these strikers. I assume Dyer will be back as well.

If Davis stays then Bart needs to be loaned out.

Edited by Chez

Totally agree but hopefully the fact he's over 30 might be a deterrent. If he was 23 or 24, he would certainly be gone.

Don't keepers generaly have their best years between 28 and 34 (ish) so it may be that a Championship side with extra cash may take him, I cant see a prem side wanting him as although he has been brilliant and without him our goals against will be double, most people will look at the amount he has conceded and look elsewhere without properly checking him too closely

We have the option to sign Robertson on a permanent basis.

Yeh but maybe with our current financial situation we could extend until the end of the season with the option to buy then?

Would save us paying a fee for the time being anyway. Also depends on whether Sheff Utd want to keep Dyer.