Vasectomy

Dr Who?

Had mine done over here. They use a needle-less anesthetic and a scalpel-less technique. Anesthetic was the worst part,like someone pinging a rubber band on your sack 5 or 6 times. After that all I couldn't feel a thing. Saw (and smelt) the two puffs of smoke as he cauterized and he sealed the tiny incision with glue. All over in about 20 minutes. Had to put an ice pack on my plums when I got home and wear a jock for 2 weeks. Only felt the odd twinge that first day and was back running and playing soccer within 2 weeks.

Weirdest bit is that after 3 months they have you "send them a sample" and you do it by mail. They gave me a special vial and an addressed envelope to sent it to them. Felt a bit weird posting my jizz through a letter box. I am sure this is a daily occurrence for folks like Bearsy...

Day 6, still hurts and the little incision still bleeds a little bit, but it is the first day that I have not taken pain killers!

The reason for doing this was so that we do not have anymore children and do not have to worry about contraception. I do not think it matters if any sperm gets through though as having this done has made sex the furthest thing from my mind!

Do they only do this at a certain age?

Am 32 and expecting our second (planned) kid in December.

Don't really want any more after this.

Been thinking about it this past week, but after reading this post I'm having second thoughts!!

Laughing at some of the comments tho!

was proposed a while back...the idea went away. :scared:

I've had an injection in my face before and that effing hurt, so I don't want anyone armed with cutlery messing around in the basement dept.

Thankfully all my boys are swimming in circles these days, they might be out on manoeuvres fairly regularly but I can't see them achieving much.

Day 6, still hurts and the little incision still bleeds a little bit, but it is the first day that I have not taken pain killers!

The reason for doing this was so that we do not have anymore children and do not have to worry about contraception. I do not think it matters if any sperm gets through though as having this done has made sex the furthest thing from my mind!

Surgical spirit, trust me. And if that hurts try peroxide.

Been thinking about it this past week, but after reading this post I'm having second thoughts!!

In Canada they won't do it below a certain age (low 20s) unless you take some sort of counciling course so that you understand the ramifications. They also advise those with newborns to wait until the baby is 9 months old (just in case it dies and you want another baby but have had a vasectomy so can't without a reversal - sorry to write that but it happens).

The doctor who did mine is famous in Ottawa known as the Vacetomy King, he is pretty funny too, you have to masturbate at least 3 times a week during the wait to test for sperm and he gave one of my friends a prescription to give to his wife with "blowjobs, 3 times weekly" written on it...

Many years ago I saw an article about fitting a couple of small 'stop cocks' (do you see what I did there?) in the tubes instead of cutting them completely. They were a bit like the service valves that are fitted to household plumbing these days. The idea was that you could turn them on again if you needed to. I wonder if anything came of this?

You have consultation anyway, but I have 3 kids and I am 40 next year, so they were like, yes you are ready.

I think if you are younger and do not have any kids, then they really need to make sure that you are sure. Some cases you can have therapy!