Anyone fancy sponsoring me? Please?

Pancake

Hello chaps and ladies.

I'm running the Paris Marathon in April and raising money for the Alzheimer's Society. I've got a target of £2000 to hit, so I thought I would share my JustGiving link on here in the hope you fine bunch of people would be kind enough to throw some pennies my way.

Anyway, here's the link: http://www.justgiving.com/toby-marsh1

Have a read and donate if you would like too

Ta

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Oh he's no beginner at distance running I'll wager, Paris is a good marathon but the start conditions aren't great.

Windows....I want you on the course asap...to give him the SP...on where to take the lead and drop all the Kenyans and Ethopians.:smug:

On the day ...sponge man and don't forget the boiled sweets.:p

I have warned the selectors re our hot prospect for Rio.......:Dwhere you and I will travel as coach....you as physio:rolleyes:

Windows....I want you on the course asap...to give him the SP...on where to take the lead and drop all the Kenyans and Ethopians.:smug:

On the day ...sponge man and don't forget the boiled sweets.:p

I have warned the selectors re our hot prospect for Rio.......:Dwhere you and I will travel as coach....you as physio:rolleyes:

I shall be running at the Paris Marathon as it happens but I'll be far ahead of Pancake I'm afraid,my girl is running her first marathon and I'm going to guide her round, she's looking at about 2h 50 I think, if I'm not too tired I'll double back after the finish and give him the support you suggest.

I shall be running at the Paris Marathon as it happens but I'll be far ahead of Pancake I'm afraid,my girl is running her first marathon and I'm going to guide her round, she's looking at about 2h 50 I think, if I'm not too tired I'll double back after the finish and give him the support you suggest.

You should be able to spot any short cuts for Pancake:rolleyes:

It would help if you could go back with a bicycle for him......basket on the handlebars to convey him up those massive hills.;)

Good luck to you and your daughter....

My son and good old me...did it for David Peach many years ago in the London marathon.......nearer 5 hours.....and had to nearly carry him for last 5 miles...ie he was running for chartity...had to finish:)

Edited by ottery st mary

You should be able to spot any short cuts for Pancake:rolleyes:

It would help if you could go back with a bicycle for him......basket on the handlebars to convey him up those massive hills.;)

there are no massive hills on the Paris Marathon route only a couple of slight uphill drags, one at about 13 k and the other just after 33 k. It's a fast course but unless you're a preferential starter (which I shall be because of my girl) the Champs start is a bit of a bastard, plus it's down hill and the euphoria of getting over the start line can put you in the red zone straight away. I shall definitely be holding her back there, forcedly if necessary, she can run a click (km) in about 2 minutes 50 but if she does that she'll blow up in the first 5 K.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just bringing this back up again. Thank you very very much to everyone who has donated so far, I'm pretty impressed by the response from people on here. Thank you.

The run is now just 7 weeks away and the training is going well despite the wind, rain, hail... I have to say a lot of the running is more bog trotting at the moment, but I'm forcing myself to go out as you cant pick and choose on the day can you.

So, anyone else out there want to help out the Alzheimer's Society? Just think, this could effect anyone at any point in there life. Wouldnt you want someone out there working on a way to make sure the most important data to you (your precious memories) can be kept safe?

http://www.justgiving.com/Toby-Marsh1 or text "TMPM79" plus amount to 70070.

Pancake ,I have not forgotten to sponsor you , been too busy trying to defend myself against the lovely police force and the lounge.

I have never smoked but I think I close to starting , sometimes the football part of this forum is not good for your stress levels

Still Bearsy makes me smile,, Should I be worried

Good luck with Paris pancake. I'm also running my first marathon in April, was lucky enough to get a spot in the London Marathon. I'm really looking forward to it but this weather is really getting on my wick. Training isn't so much fun in the wind and rain.

Anyway, if any of you generous lot fancy checking out my fundraising page it's uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JackHarris1

I'm raising money for the MS Society and Smile4Wessex (Wessex Neurological Centre), both are very worthy charities and ones that mean a lot to me personally.

Edited by Jack

• 1 month later...