A friend has just text me, to say club will be sold in next 6 months.

corsacar saint

One of the comments under that says

Jambo 9 hours ago

My friend Gareth is the CFO at Saints and he says they're well prepared for this, and looking forward to what's coming next.

He says they realised early on in the season that quite a few players will want to be leaving, and they have in place a system that is going to promote youth players and they are looking at the Newcastle Utd/ FC Porto approach or securing young players with high potential sell on values, and also the Moneyball approach of signing cheap players who get the job done. They're also the perfect club for top teams to loan players to, so there's potential there too.

Southampton are line to become a very astute, wealthy club, and the future looks very bright after speak with Gareth.

I honestly believe that we are up for sale.

I really believe that Kat is maximising the money she can get from this club.

Sell everything worth selling (players) at the best possible price. Buy in a "competitive side) for a 3rd/4th of the money received

pay off debts and sell for a average price. Kat get more money

Yep. Agree.

If she is selling and therefore happily cashing in on star players, then why do they need to chuck a hissy fit in order to leave?

This is something that doesn't quite add up.

Also, how come everton managed to hang on to their little starlet? They have no money and very little prospect of CL football yet have convinced barkley to stay.

If she is selling and therefore happily cashing in on star players, then why do they need to chuck a hissy fit in order to leave?

Also, how come everton managed to hang on to their little starlet? They have no money and very little prospect of CL football yet have convinced barkley to stay.

They've convinced him to sign a new contract. Perhaps he'll be off next summer rather than this one!

Posted the following on another thread...there are so many, i don't know where to post it!

Valuations are usually a combination of asset values and the future earnings of a company, not just the value of the assets/cash. So i do agree that the (downward) momentum of the club could more than offset the nicely inflated player sales.

I think of it like this: If i were buying Man Utd i would have 99.9% certainty that the Premier League TV money will be received for the next 3 years or more. Nobody expects them to be relegated in the next 3 years because of their squad (and the presumed positive gradual evolution of it). Even a disastrous season by their standards never even closely thretened relegation last year. Therefore, it follows, that i will factor in the 3 years of PL TV money into my valuation for Man Utd.

Now think of Saints. Maybe we got £30-£40m more of cash than the players were worth as assets. BUT, i would argue that under the previous squad (and the presumed positive gradual evolution of it) we would have very likely been a premier league club for the next three years - not as guaranteed as the Man Utd example, but certainly much, much more guaranteed than now. So it follows, that as a (rational) buyer, I no longer factor in 3 years of PL TV money into my valuation of Saints.

I think the risk of relegation from a weaker squad, and the loss of years of PL TV money, more than offfsets the "added value" of getting good cash for our players. It's for this reason that i don't quite see what KL's strategy is with regards to selling. Maybe she hopes that she can find a buyer who doesn't know that relegation exists in the premier league...

:lol: :lol:

Good idea mate, but they learned that lesson with Blackburn.

They have enough money and enough of a prospect of sneaking CL for RB to give it one more season. A nice deal, efficiently done. Our "outstanding" executive team could learn a bit from them.

But, as people like to ignore, they are Everton. Multi League winning Everton. One of England's great clubs Everton. Top six-eight for a decade Everton. 16 points better than us Everton. That Everton. The comparisons are pretty silly.

Surely any potential buyer will wait until the club have been relegated before buying? It'll be a lot cheaper then, will still have top drawer facilities, and will probably need less investment in players to secure promotion than the amount that would need to be spent now to have a chance of avoiding relegation.

Even better, wait until a second relegation into L1 (plus administration with minus 10 points). Someone should be able to pick us up for a pittance then.

murray2.jpg