FLORIN GARDOS

Bridge

I thought we really missed Garos's presence today. Hoping he soon gets back to fitness as the defense is beginning to look a little shaky.

I assume you think it was less shaky in the previous games, in which Gardos has hardly played, so I am unsure why you think he was really missed today

Fonte has been outstanding and is our best cb at the minute and is captain. From what I saw at Arsenal I too believe Gardos could be the one to partner Jose but just shows the strength of our squad now. Difficult to leave Toby out as i don't think he has come here to sit on the bench, but there is a fight for second cb spot

During the busy December (and January--if we are still in cup competitions) time frame, we can play different combinations and give everyone playing time. I hope that is the plan rather than sticking to just two CBs and playing them until they get injured.

During the busy December (and January--if we are still in cup competitions) time frame, we can play different combinations and give everyone playing time. I hope that is the plan rather than sticking to just two CBs and playing them until they get injured.
Probably more than any other position on the football pitch, the Centre Back pairing is about building up a partnership, getting used to how each other play, communication etc - its the one position you want to chop and change the least and all the best Centre Backs have became great as part of a partnership. Great to have quality options there, and there'll obviously be injuries and suspensions there, but Koeman will have to make some tough decisions on team selection in the coming months.

I thought we really missed Garos's presence today. Hoping he soon gets back to fitness as the defense is beginning to look a little shaky.

Have to disagree on that one, Toby was calm throughout and never put a foot wrong while Jose played with his usual robust approach. Sure, QPR came at us late on but I thought that we withstood it well. Only problem seemed to be that we sat too deep during that period but I guess that was a team thing rather than just a CB issue !

All in my own opinion of course !

Have to disagree on that one, Toby was calm throughout and never put a foot wrong while Jose played with his usual robust approach. Sure, QPR came at us late on but I thought that we withstood it well. Only problem seemed to be that we sat too deep during that period but I guess that was a team thing rather than just a CB issue !

All in my own opinion of course !

Had Gardos been on the bench I think we would have bought him on in the second half and pushed Toby into holding midfield to rattle Kranjcar.