Should we have sacked Pochettino any way?

Red And White Barmy Army

That Sunderland game killed it for me, if I'm honest. He had no interest, no intention and no care about that game. The selection showed it and the attitude of the management and players showed it. We could have easily achieved a Hull City last season and reached the final, easily, but it would have required a manager who gave a damn.

Make me another one who agrees. The outgoing players were already lining up their excuses for going tied to MP's likely departure when in reality they'd probably been tapped up but easy to say with the benefit of hindsight. MP was a good manager for us overall, definately a tactical step up on Nigel but without Nigel's strong connection to the fans and club. Nigel will be remembered more fondly over the years.

So no bitterness towards him from me and unlike Lallana I wouldn't give him any stick at the games as he only ever felt like a good quality temporary. Others have summed it up well - he only began speaking English at Spurs, always referred to the 'Project' not the club, Sunderland Cup debacle, Osvaldo signing.

Much prefer Koeman overall but I don't want to re-write history, MP did a good job. However, I do wonder if his attitude made some of the emerging primadonnas such as Lallana worse?

Others have summed it up well - he only began speaking English at Spurs, always referred to the 'Project' not the club, Sunderland Cup debacle, Osvaldo signing.

All valid points saints 1977.

In the beginning, I accepted the language barrier part, but thought he would at least have made an attempt to use basic English at sometime during the season, but after a year????. Nothing.

He surely never expected to get top four after our position at New Year, and the utter disregard for the Cup (as an entry to Europe) showed a bad misjudgement on his - and Cortese's part .

Poor judgement in insisting we sign Osvaldo, when he knew the player had " a history " of bad behaviour, it showed that he didn't have the control over the player that he thought. A very expensive mistake !

• 1 year later...