Three Cheers for the Admins In Getting Us Back Up And Running Again!!

1976_Child

I find it consistently amusing reading peoples assuumptions about how much revenue is being generated by the subscriptions.

The fact is, as we keep saying, our business plan is to turn a small profit it the order of a couple of hundred quid. We are currently, even with the great number of people that have subscribed so far, not even close to securing this server for a year.

At the end of the day, Saints Web is a limited company, we are under no obligation to provide anyone with our financial status other than providing our annual reports to company house which is then available to anyone who wishes to see it.

Lastly, and quite bluntly, myself and steve grant do quite well out of our careers as it is, and we have no need or desire to use Saints Web to generate us more income.

It doesn't look like good Old Matty Paul is a fan of the membership fee thing....

http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/forum.posts.php?id_t=61931#13

Is that not libellous? (the bit about pocketing the cash not your sexuality! ;))

Not sure how directors of a company pocketing cash generated by their own business can be so outrageous, despite the fact we won't be doing it.

I find it consistently amusing reading peoples assuumptions about how much revenue is being generated by the subscriptions.

The fact is, as we keep saying, our business plan is to turn a small profit it the order of a couple of hundred quid. We are currently, even with the great number of people that have subscribed so far, not even close to securing this server for a year.

At the end of the day, Saints Web is a limited company, we are under no obligation to provide anyone with our financial status other than providing our annual reports to company house which is then available to anyone who wishes to see it.

Lastly, and quite bluntly, myself and steve grant do quite well out of our careers as it is, and we have no need or desire to use Saints Web to generate us more income.

I think the problem is that the forum was so popular that it outgrew the server ando so funds were needed to purchase a new one.

To do this the membership scheme was come up with which will provide funds to buy the new server.

However.... The membership scheme has also had the side effect of drastically reducing the number of posts and threads made on this board! There are some threads that have been hanging around all week which I can never remember happening since TSF has been in existance.

The irony may well be that, with the current amount of traffic that the membership scheme has reduced the forum to, it would probably now be able to run quite happily on the old server and doesn't really need the new more powerful one!!!!

Your guessing, so am I.

Using the world wide rule of sales - a widely used %5 figure, which to me is worst case scenario, that's still £3000+

And regarding 150 people - I've read posts from more than 150 who say they are going to take it up.

I guess we shall see.

Will we get a rebate? ;)

Can't see how you're going to get a rebate unless you've actually paid something. But I do admire the avidity of your reading - and counting!

I think the problem is that the forum was so popular that it outgrew the server ando so funds were needed to purchase a new one.

To do this the membership scheme was come up with which will provide funds to buy the new server.

However.... The membership scheme has also had the side effect of drastically reducing the number of posts and threads made on this board! There are some threads that have been hanging around all week which I can never remember happening since TSF has been in existance.

The irony may well be that, with the current amount of traffic that the membership scheme has reduced the forum to, it would probably now be able to run quite happily on the old server and doesn't really need the new more powerful one!!!!

Hopefully in time we will see numbers back to something like it was on TSF however for the moment it is pretty disappointing in terms of user levels...

Rupert is that you?

I think you'll be surprised to know that the stats don't appear to have changed very much at all in terms of the number of active users and the number of posts. The number of topics themselves have been reduced because non-paying members can't start new ones, but I don't see that as a problem because whereas now we appear to have people able to respond to an existing thread whereas before whenever anyone had anything to say (even if it had been discussed on a 5-page thread already on page 1), they'd start their own thread.

Of course, on the old forum, people frequently resurrected threads that had dropped off the front page a week or two previously. That option isn't available at the moment as the post database has only been running for a few days.

I don't care along with most on here if you do make a quid or two, the number of hours that you put in is something most of us would not want to do.

I think we all have "lost" about 800 postings each since the change over, I know that I have.

Lol, I have lost 4,000! Not that I really care tbh! Most of them were ******s according to most of you :cool:

I will be signing up for a fiver tomorrow when I have recgarged my paypal thingy (I ripped up all my credit cards)... and I think that it's damn good value.

That some of the muppets will be lost is no great loss.

I am wondering about the status of our tame Pompey pets on the Lounge though... if they pay a fiver (and I am sure Corp Ho has or will) do they get unfettered access to all parts of the forum?

wondering about the status of our tame Pompey pets on the Lounge though... if they pay a fiver (and I am sure Corp Ho has or will) do they get unfettered access to all parts of the forum?

Good question, and something we hadnt considered. I should imagine if a skate pays £5 to access the forum like that, they would be more than sensible enough not to act like an idiot on the main forum, I dont know, something for the admin team to discuss i think.