At what point does winning every game get tedious?

Chewy

I'm afraid having been going for over 40 years I just can't believe it will continue. Every game I think "this is the one where the wheels fall off". I so desperately want to enjoy this but that nagging feeling is always there.

Anyone who has been watching throughout the 80's but especially the 90's is bound to be battle scarred. The events of 2004 and the subsequent inevitable collapse knocked it out of a lot of supporters.

Can't get bored as it's not about the winning...thats the product of witnessing some great football and the challenges that keep on presenting themselves. The next one is whether we can compete and win against the 'big' teams. Then if we do finish top four whether we can make mark in Europe. Plus there's the question of silverware...when will we see another cup win? And so on...there are so many achievements potentially yet in store but to get them we've got to keep on winning...no reason to get bored!?

Exactly right.. It must be a great time for you Saint's fans. I can't get my head around it as I genuinely thought you were destined to be in a relegation battle this season.

I've forgotten what it feels like to be beaten. I know we've lost two this season, but we weren't really beaten, were we? I can't remember the last time we lost deservedly, where we were completely outplayed. It feels weird as a Saints fan to be in this situation. I expect us to win every week now. When we eventually have a bad day at the office, it's probably going to come as a shock to the system. I think I now understand why Man Utd fans have found it so to handle their drop in status – you just get used to it.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

We've got a long way to go yet to make up for all those years of depression.

well I agree with the " never " bit.

Not really sure about all those years of depression.

In my 40 plus years of watching Saints we have had some bad years, (1974/2005/2008/2009) and some pretty mediocre years, but we have had lots of good years, some great teams, apparently endless supply of great youth talent coming through.

apart from perhaps being a cup or two light for a club of our size, reckon I have been pretty lucky being a Saints fan over the years.

for comparison, Huddersfield haven't reached a quarter final in the cup or league cup since 1971/2 !!