NOMINATIONS for 2014 TMS Awards

saintbletch

After all the accusations of cheating last year, this year I can actually cheat if I want. All of our systems at work run off Google (Google docs etc) and I could access all of the accounts if I wanted. On the other hand I am also extremely lazy and was disappointed about the lack of respect the award got me last year. I would tell people in the pub "I am the MVP you will respect me" but they'd just laugh! I'd repeatedly say it but they'd just continue to laugh and say I'd lost it. I DIDNT BLOODY LOSE, I WON!

If there was a trophy and/or a badge, it might be worth cheating for. Bletch please confirm, Mugabe needs motivation.

I moved there in 1980.

Kid #1 says to his mother "Mum, I like school dinners better than your dinners". *thwack*

Kid #2 has a habit of running about in the cul-de-sac, semi-naked & commando style. We have a new and excitable dog. New and excitable dog ends up attached to Kid #2's exposed parts.

Great memories Pap. Not sure mine are quite a rosy as yours, but I lived there much longer (about 20 years from the early 80s). But lots of mad, funny stories, and a bit more innocence I think in the 80s. The place got a more violent edge in the late 90s and my folks moved out (thanks Thatcher). But we were living in complete poverty in those days. I'll never forget it though. Gives you perspective, respect and empathy for people in a way that most middle classes can't even get their head round. And even though now I live in relative luxury, have a nice career, have the kind of financial freedom our family could have only dreamt of in those days, I still prefer the madcap, mischievous humour from those days over the well behaved middle classes. Maybe that's partly why I like football.

This thread has gone a bit Charles Dickens ain't it! Sorry to read that pap had his knackers bit off by a south coast dachshund :(

It was our dog and it wasn't me that got bit.

It took a few minutes to pry the bugger off. The nipper never ran around semi-naked again :)

I’m fully expecting things to turn more Kafkaesque later, especially if, heaven forbid, poor Bletch has to announce that Jeff has won loki award. :(

omg he will go ****ing columbine, man! If worse comes to worse I will install "Reverse Park Only" signs in muppet show. That should have him stymied :thumbup:

Lou, at your lowest point did you ever stoop so low as to shoplift a cupasoup or was prostitution as preferred option before you would sink this low?

Same question to you Pap.

.... and you bear....

I'm the white sheep of the family. They call me the taxpayer.

Lowest point was when my house was raided for drugs & OB took my laptop. Had my National Diploma final year project on it. Got it back just in time.

Lou, at your lowest point did you ever stoop so low as to shoplift a cupasoup or was prostitution as preferred option before you would sink this low?

.... and you bear....

Nooo. Far too much of a good girl for that. Though for about 6 months our neighbour was working in the local corner shop and she used to give us free pick and mixes until the owner found her out and gave her the sack.

And I did win a fight with a local boy once when he pushed my brother in some stingy nettles. But it only involved pulling hair and I think we made friends again afterwards.

That's about as bad as I go.

Pap, I always thought the flower roads were rougher than Coxford. We had a family friend living there. True or unfair?

Maybe would should have a poll.

Answers on a postcard please to:

Brian Earsy

69 James Turner Street

Birmingham

B18 4NE

You sure its not number 91 Tokes? Three satellite dishes and no bath seems right to me.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.4956275,-1.9411487,3a,49.5y,262.74h,88.1t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sJpc0swM15BC7S51_fasVhg!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Pap, I always thought the flower roads were rougher than Coxford. We had a family friend living there. True or unfair?

Think they both got rougher at the same time. I lived in the Flower Roads from around 1978-1980, and then again from around 1983-1994. The Flower Roads was an excellent estate when I first moved there, but the right to buy scheme gutted the community and turned many of the former council housing stock into student digs, creating a bit of us and them atmosphere.

Honestly, I still don't mind it, feel completely safe on the estate and wouldn't have any issues moving back. I spend loads of time at the old dear's place due to football. I'm travelling down in about an hour.

Think they both got rougher at the same time. I lived in the Flower Roads from around 1978-1980, and then again from around 1983-1994. The Flower Roads was an excellent estate when I first moved there, but the right to buy scheme gutted the community and turned many of the former council housing stock into student digs, creating a bit of us and them atmosphere.

Honestly, I still don't mind it, feel completely safe on the estate and wouldn't have any issues moving back. I spend loads of time at the old dear's place due to football. I'm travelling down in about an hour.

I think it was a couple of local stabbings plus a gang that would go round deflating tyres that freaked my Dad out. Romsey is a whole world away...

OMG it's a real address? Tokyo posted his real address on an Internet forum??! That's so dangerous - he could get stalked!

[rushing to buy a ticket to Birmingham...]

OMG it's a real address? Tokyo posted his real address on an Internet forum??! That's so dangerous - he could get stalked!]

tbf it looks like 69 was knocked down in a slum clearance. Bearsy uses the address but its just a place to doss on some waste ground opposite a school - so its got everything he needs.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.4945852,-1.9409523,3a,75y,84.49h,79.69t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sQLIw5WQjZm2SXmnDb6L16w!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

OMG it's a real address? Tokyo posted his real address on an Internet forum??! That's so dangerous - he could get stalked!

[rushing to buy a ticket to Birmingham...]

It's ok bear's mum Dee (or white Dee as she is known locally) doesn't mind at all. In fact she is well known to be happy to attract as many men to her abode as possible. She just marks down me giving out their address as 'marketing'.

.... and you bear....

Do you know what Tokyo-Saint, go fück yourself. You write with an authority which goes way over your lowly status on this shiťty little forum, talking utter crap and trying to be funny (ask Unbelievable Jeff or even Beltch for some lessons), and then start talking shiť about a situation you don't understand. It's got nothing to do with 'cupasoup'. If you want I'll PM you and you can come down and try it if you're the big man. If not, then shut your fuçking mouth you jumped up little príck. It was a hot chocolate.

Do you know what Tokyo-Saint, go fück yourself. You write with an authority which goes way over your lowly status on this shiťty little forum, talking utter crap and trying to be funny (ask Unbelievable Jeff or even Beltch for some lessons), and then start talking shiť about a situation you don't understand. It's got nothing to do with 'cupasoup'. If you want I'll PM you and you can come down and try it if you're the big man. If not, then shut your fuçking mouth you jumped up little príck. It was a hot chocolate.

Calm down mate, don't need that kind of language here.