The Alderweireld has signed for Spurs so who should we sign instead thread?

would be happy with the lad from Celtic to be honest he looks decent and should prove a good investment wouldn't say no to Vlaar as well provided wages are sensible he might not be absolutely top draw but he is a solid experienced defender at this level.

Like so many others Vlaar suffered this year from his appearance at the WC where he played great for Holland, far better than I ever saw Alderweireld play... The question is if Vlaar is able to get back to his WC form and knowing his injuries from his time at Feyenoord (he was out for almost 18 months or so), there might be a problem... Maybe Southampton could better scout in South America for an unknown real killer or is this not possible because of the rules concerning non-EU players?

Like so many others Vlaar suffered this year from his appearance at the WC where he played great for Holland, far better than I ever saw Alderweireld play... The question is if Vlaar is able to get back to his WC form and knowing his injuries from his time at Feyenoord (he was out for almost 18 months or so), there might be a problem... Maybe Southampton could better scout in South America for an unknown real killer or is this not possible because of the rules concerning non-EU players?

No unknown south Americans coming to England with the work permit rules!

Vlaar had a great season before the world cup and looked great in Brazil, he hasn't been that bad in an awful Villa side this season and I think his injury record in the UK is decent would be a relatively low risk signing as he is on a free.

Vlaar had a great season before the world cup and looked great in Brazil, he hasn't been that bad in an awful Villa side this season and I think his injury record in the UK is decent would be a relatively low risk signing as he is on a free.

Ok, Vlaar next to Fonte would be ok then. Since there is no transfer fee for Vlaar it might even be possible to get another central defender so there is back up when things go wrong.

Vlaar had a truly awful season for Villa last season.

does mustard mean good or bad in this context ? or maybe it depends on your view of mustard

Then how about marmite instead? ....... doh!

HP Sauce. HP Sauce rocks. Let's start calling good things HP Sauce, even brown sauce. e.g.) Soares is totes brown sauce.

HP Sauce. HP Sauce rocks. Let's start calling good things HP Sauce, even brown sauce. e.g.) Soares is totes brown sauce.

Even better, if anyone over the age of 12 uses the word "totes", let's stab them in the eyeballs. ;)