Mourinho sacked!

waylander

Mourinho - is he a suitable case for treatment?

A man in his position should not have lost his temper so spectacularly at the first match against Swansea or treated the club doctor so badly but his behaviour continued to appear irrational, as shown by his statements after Saints' beat Chelsea 3-1.

If Chelsea, as a club, gave their manager the advice and support he needed to calm his behaviour and he failed to accept it, then dismissal was inevitable. If they did not, the club would have to share the blame for how things have gone. An apology after the Eva Carneiro incident saying his outburst was just in the heat of the moment could have changed everything.

Ah but he is the Special One though and special people do not have to apologise because they are special. Gotta love a Narcissist! You are right. The Eva Carneiro case was handled very badly and there should have been a damage limitation exercise afterwards and it would have blown over. He can deal with winning but he cant deal with losing and the one big thing he lost was the plot. Still, his bank balance will not suffer and he will be touted for all of the top jobs so his ego will soon repair itself.

it is what he does, season 3 at it goes wrong. left at Porto for a better things, Left Inter and pushed out at Madrid.

he will probably stay out of the way till the summer and set for United I reckon as LvG is sucking the life out of that club

his eye for a player is not the best. So many players have come in and pushed out or just pushed out who have real quality or came in with real quality.

The thing with the doctor this season was utterly bizarre and blew up in his face. Also he was not happy with Cech going to Arsenal and their pre-season was just weird.

I dont know how many fans on various message board could suggest he was in a position where he could have stayed

Edited by Batman

That Eva Carneiro debacle ****ed his whole **** up. He badly misjudged that and it has backfired so hard. He relies on his squad being galvanised, with this siege mentality that everyone is out to get them. The doctor thing divided them all, and once the squad was lost like that I don't think a man who manages like Mourinho can bring it back.

That Eva Carneiro debacle ****ed his whole **** up. He badly misjudged that and it has backfired so hard. He relies on his squad being galvanised, with this siege mentality that everyone is out to get them. The doctor thing divided them all, and once the squad was lost like that I don't think a man who manages like Mourinho can bring it back.

It did seem to go rapidly downhill after that incident. You might say that the players were p*ssed off that a well respected member of staff (in her field) was treated so badly by him and they let it show!

This night on the Two Mikes, Mike Parry received information from a close insider that several hours before Mourinho was sacked, Chelsea dropped contesting the charges and case brought against them by Eva Careiro.

This lead to suggestions they may have decided to re-instate her, which then led to Mourinho being unable to accept any such decision. Chelsea had considered it would be less costly to the club to do so than pay her off.

Yet getting rid of Mourinho may prove in the long term more costly . Definitely Chelsea now failing to turn things round, even getting relegated, would be good for the long term future of football.

It's not important when you're more important than the players. It's not important when you're bigger than the players. It's not important when you're the best at your job. Players seem to have this care free attitude when it comes to football. Do what they want, hold clubs to ransom, disrespect themselves, their managers and their clubs and if they don't get their way they play like they cbf. He's better than all of the players, but its easier to be narrow minded and just sack him. Again as much as I hate the guy and think the one real mistake he made was EC, I still think they are now in a worse position.

I think you could quite easily turn that around to explain why he was sacked :

It's not important when you [think] you're more important than the players. It's not important when you [think] you're bigger than the players. It's not important when you're the best at your job. He seems to have this care free attitude when it comes to football. Do what he wants, hold the club to ransom, disrespect his players and staff, and their clubs and if they don't get their way they manage like they cbf. He's better than all of the players, but its easier to be narrow minded and just sack him.

Interesting that the club didn't put up a defence against the employment tribunal today. If they couldn't defend it, they should have had the balls to tell Mourinho to shut the **** up and apologise asap.