• Clasie
    • Tadić
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Romeu
    • Rodriguez

FWIW, my current stat on Pelle's backheel flicks is that he's on a streak of 8 in a row which have found opposition players - though I can only count matches I'm at, so that doesn't include Stoke away (or Swansea away, in the event that this streak has been going on since before 2nd Feb).

Equally, I might have missed one that came off, but I don't think I have.

He's still hitting a solid 8/10 in terms of performance and effectiveness over the whole season though.

Just watched those highlights. I think Darlow does get the ball (not saying it's not a foul).

Mitrovic deserves some stick for our third goal. Turns his back on Fonte's shot, then does the same thing for Wanyama's. Pretty pathetic defending/desire.

FWIW, my current stat on Pelle's backheel flicks is that he's on a streak of 8 in a row which have found opposition players - though I can only count matches I'm at, so that doesn't include Stoke away (or Swansea away, in the event that this streak has been going on since before 2nd Feb).

Equally, I might have missed one that came off, but I don't think I have.

He's still hitting a solid 8/10 in terms of performance and effectiveness over the whole season though.

There were a couple in the second half of Liverpool that came off.

Football is not brain surgery so no use pretending it is....

It's a relatively simple game and 'qualifications' are really not an indication of an ability to work out how to win any given game...

'Training' is also just that at the end of the day. It's whether you can perform in a match situation that really counts. It is evident that some managers including ours do pick a team based on training rather than personal performances in a match. Not always to the best effect....

If qualifications were that important to being a good manager there would be no bad ones and there certainly are some pretty poor qualified managers around....

Reading between the lines, I think this means that Managers and Coaches don't know what they are doing, don't need to be qualified and any experience they have of the game isn't relevant. Watching players in training or in training matches is no help towards picking the best team, so no need to bother. The manager might as well pick a team by drawing names out of a hat. Perhaps he does.

I just don't understand why former professional players work to obtain useless training badges and why clubs pay coaches substantial salaries when fans out of the stadium could do the job at a fraction of the cost. Maybe the in the future, clubs should call a selection committee of volunteer fans together before each game?

What passing stats don't tell us is the distance of the pass, or whether it was a pass under pressure. Most of Wanyama's passes are 5-10 yards. Any more than that and he struggles imo.

Yep, you might be right. You could probably find stats for that as well, though!

(There's also a debate about whether that's a problem with his passing or decision making, though. Should defensive mids have to play long raking passes?)

Yep, you might be right. You could probably find stats for that as well, though!

(There's also a debate about whether that's a problem with his passing or decision making, though. Should defensive mids have to play long raking passes?)

You will struggle to find stats for the quality of a pass though, the weight and ability of the recipient to receive on the run.