Who and where is the CB?

Saint Garrett

I believe Reed will happily try to convince everybody that Stephens is Fonte's replacement. This is all part of the Saints long term Puel plan of self sustainability. More academy players, cheaper wages, less 'names'.

Already evident in young players being brought through, regardless of being good enough. We will stay up this season, no problem.

We will then find that Gabbiadini is Jayrod or Longs replacement in the summer and one of them will be off. Our squad will become more and more mediocre, until we can stay up no more. No premier league team is self sustaining, and we will be no different.

My opinion, but I think this season is showing our way forward. Depressingly below average...

If the status quo remains - poor football, dull performances and below par results, I won't be renewing my season ticket next season. This year was a line in the sand season, the line has been drawn poorly :(

League cup final is great - but early rounds were reserves v reserves and we lucked out. FA cup ditto. We just came unstuck early on.

Versus Liverpool away we were very good, team can do it, but never ending changes is cocking up continuity and players confidence. Settled team = better results. But no, he can't stop ****ing about with the line up. Not impressed, nor happy.

Not quite there yet - but excellent prediction. Well done.

Thanks! I'd have to go back through my post history but I mentioned Caceres in terms of a transfer last year before Fonte was even thinking about leaving.

Although, as with any HCDAJFU thread, it's more a case of 'throw enough mud and some of it will stick' when recommending players for Saints!