Sam Gallagher signs 4 year deal

Wimborne_saint

Thought the reason for the contract was that he'd be in with a shout. Would rather we have him a go in the cups than loan him out again after a good season.

With one yr left on his contract if we see any future for him we had to get him to sign. I assumed the same but the only positive is they must've spoken about the coming season during contract talks so we know if he goes it's something he's happy with. 30 odd championships games next yr will be good for him compared to being behind at least Austin and gabbi. After another good yr he could be very ready for the prem.

Oddly I find loans exciting cause I can almost support more teams than just saints! Always looking at Blackburn scores for his outputlast yr

Plenty of clubs in the Championship are chasing Sam but for now it's very much a first team place in a red and wide shirt he is eyeing. He brings versatility pace and strength into a forward line that lacked that somewhat last season. I think he will surprise quite a few. Let's hope so anyway.

Plenty of clubs in the Championship are chasing Sam but for now it's very much a first team place in a red and wide shirt he is eyeing. He brings versatility pace and strength into a forward line that lacked that somewhat last season. I think he will surprise quite a few. Let's hope so anyway.

I hope he impresses the new manager this preseason and sticks around - I really think he can bring something to the side.

He's going to Sunderland??? :?

Do they have "wide" shirts?

He may not start many games but he'd be a very useful asset to bring on later against tiring defences, possibly in place of a tiring Austin, and when we're chasing the game with less than subtle tactics. He's got the height but looks pretty pacy too, and the Blackburn clips showed that he's gradually growing out of his earlier gawkiness.