Chelsea 1 Saints 0 - Post Match Reactions

St Chalet

I really don't get what Saints attacking plan is, they win the ball back and a channel ball is on but it never happens, Gabbiadini was in decent positions three or four times but the ball just came inside and went back to try and keep procession.

we look to retain possession at all costs, but don't have the players that are good enough to break down our opponent. Usually inferior teams select an alternative method, like as you say hitting the channels or playing off a target man. Not sure we really know what we are doing.

Finishing 7th, 6th and 8th since the above left is really "losing our way" you're right. Berk.

We did well under Koeman, but the 8th place finish under Puel last season was a little misleading considering it featured a drop of 17 points from the year before (63 vs 46) and a significant drop in goals scored (59 vs 41).

Regarding Black, was he there today?

I was watching on TV. Yes, he was there.

Sort of puts a spanner in the works of the poster who was saying he'd gone 3 games ago on a number of threads yesterday lol.

Alek Gross sitting on the bench may have been confused with Eric Black? He wasn't booted out but I believe he has left the club.

We did well under Koeman, but the 8th place finish under Puel last season was a little misleading considering it featured a drop of 17 points from the year before (63 vs 46) and a significant drop in goals scored (59 vs 41).

OMG don't post that or you'll get the Puel mob bleating on about the number of games, who we sold, who was injured, etc etc for the next six pages....

That’s no wins in 17 one against the ‘big 6’, with the last one being Spurs away 2 season was ago when they weren’t playing for anything. I miss the day so of going into a game thinking we could give the big boys a bloody nose.