Three teams worse than us?

Tony F

Before Burnley come to SMS they've got Chelsea, Leicester, Man Utd and Arsenal. They could be in trouble, from memory they generally don't take points off decent teams but have been good at beating the other dross at the bottom (ourselves included at Turf Moor).

I'd like to see Bournemouth go down as well. Their desperation for a rivalry aside, that stadium is tiny for the Premier League, wouldn't be a massive loss.

Who is going down? Not us.

Love this place. While a betting man would probably look elsewhere for the three likeliest candidates, a couple of good results doesn't mean we are now safe. In the same way we weren't definitely down two weeks ago. We're just five points off the bottom 3 and are likely to lose our next 2 games - this is far from over.

I'm optimistic for the rest of the season, but to say we're safe at this stage is mad IMHO.

Love this place. While a betting man would probably look elsewhere for the three likeliest candidates, a couple of good results doesn't mean we are now safe. In the same way we weren't definitely down two weeks ago. We're just five points off the bottom 3 and are likely to lose our next 2 games - this is far from over.

I'm optimistic for the rest of the season, but to say we're safe at this stage is mad IMHO.

I'd be shocked if we got anything out of Leicester away but we should fancy getting something against Wolves at home. Decent side but beatable.

Who is going down? Not us.

Norwich obvs

Bournemouth, Brighton and Burnley also on very long poor runs and only look ok due to goodish starts in the summer.

We should now be asking if the are three better teams - or any better teams not starting with an L.

Brighton's "very long poor run" of just two defeats in 7 games must be a massive concern to them.

They always looks pretty decent when I have seen them. Would be quite suprised if they went down.

A team much loved by pundits and currently riding high who could be sucked into the fringes of the relegation zone are Wolves. One of the big spread betting firms has them the equivalent of 50/1 to finish 6th from bottom. They are currently just 6 points from that position.

They undoubtedly are a good team but their onvolvement in the Europa League has already meant that they have played more games this season than anybody else. Their FA Cup replay is another game to add to their season. They can raise their game against the big boys (eg Man City) but fold up when a team like Watford show a bit of gumption against them. As the season progesses and fatigue sinks in this will be important.

Relegation is unlikely but 50/1 for 6 th from bottom (100 /1 for 5th from bottom) is worth a dabble.

Edited by Tamesaint

A team much loved by pundits and currently riding high who could be sucked into the fringes of the relegation zone are Wolves. One of the big spread betting firms has them the equivalent of 50/1 to finish 6th from bottom. They are currently just 6 points from that position.

They undoubtedly are a good team but their onvolvement in the Europa League has already meant that they have played more games this season than anybody else. Their FA Cup replay is another game to add to their season. They can raise their game against the big boys (eg Man City) but fold up when a team like Watford show a bit of gumption against them. As the season progesses and fatigue sinks in this will be important.

Relegation is unlikely but 50/1 for 6 th from bottom (100 /1 for 5th from bottom) is worth a dabble.

I doubt it, they're on 30 points and have already played a bundle of games. They've managed it well so far. They went 12 games unbetween between September and December! I can't see them dropping into the bottom half.