Happy St Georges Day Everyone

Turkish

27 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The day a lot of English person refuse to celebrate as they’re scared of being called racist 

At the risk of setting off another marital between you and MLG, I think most people aren’t religious and just don’t give a f**k about saints (actual saints, not the clowns we send out onto a football pitch).

St Paddy’s is an excuse for a p*ss up, St Valentines only happens because florists, jewellers and greeting card companies got together and convinced women they deserve a day being treated like Mariah Carey.

38 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The day a lot of English person refuse to celebrate as they’re scared of being called racist 

Why are fat people afraid of being called racist ?

A fat young man in a red england football t-shirt drinking a beer Stock  Photo - Alamy

( A lot of English person )

Edited by badgerx16

21 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

At the risk of setting off another marital between you and MLG, I think most people aren’t religious and just don’t give a f**k about saints (actual saints, not the clowns we send out onto a football pitch).

St Paddy’s is an excuse for a p*ss up, St Valentines only happens because florists, jewellers and greeting card companies got together and convinced women they deserve a day being treated like Mariah Carey.

Why isn’t St Georges day an excuse for a piss up? If there’s is on thing the English are good at it’s getting pissed

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why isn’t St Georges day an excuse for a piss up? If there’s is on thing the English are good at it’s getting pissed

Nobody’s stopping you. TBH I think it’s just a lazy Irish stereotype that’s become something of a worldwide tradition. As with Valentines, it’s marketed heavily so that pubs and breweries make an absolute killing. I guess poor old George just doesn’t have that cheerful, happy to lucky, leprechauns and shamrocks aura to him.

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Nah, St George is the Saint of tea and cake, whereas St Paddy is the Saint of booze and debauchery. Imagine if the Cheltenham festival was based around St Georges day rather than St Paddy's, it'd be shit. 

I saw Saints issue a tweet about it which must have pleased Turkish.

Jocks don’t make much of St Andrew’s day and Welsh St David’s. Many Irish have a bit of a persecution complex and huge emigration and are strong at retaining their heritage so ideal for them to have a day to celebrate. We ruled world so don’t feel same about such things.