Best saints videos

Stud mark of doom

I used to love those season long VHS tapes that came out at the end of each season. I think I used to know most of the 88/89 and 89/90 commentary.

This 5 year on tribute to Adkins is the only recent thing I’m aware of that comes close to being as good.

I was searching for something similar on the MoPo years but couldn’t find anything. 

Please post links to your favourite saints videos here. 

Thanks!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Sussex_saint said:

was never alive to see Le Tiss play but every time I see this video I watch in wonder.

Thankyou for making me feel so old and so lucky to have witnessed this. No one would really understand how brilliant he was... when Pele said, if he was Brazilian he would have 100 caps...this was the closest thing said to the truth. (The more recent perception is quite sad)

Edited by Yorkshire Saint

2 hours ago, Stud mark of doom said:

I used to love those season long VHS tapes that came out at the end of each season. I think I used to know most of the 88/89 and 89/90 commentary.

This 5 year on tribute to Adkins is the only recent thing I’m aware of that comes close to being as good.

I was searching for something similar on the MoPo years but couldn’t find anything. 

Thanks!

Cracking watch

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andrew7610 said:

You don't even have to be a Saints fan to enjoy this one:

I think this was on the 89/90 tape I mentioned in the OP. If memory serves, the commentator says something about the tackle being so high it should have needed clearance from air traffic control. 

11 hours ago, Stud mark of doom said:

Thanks!

Ah that was a great watch, brilliant times.

46 minutes ago, class of 76 said:

The video they had on the screens this year was horrendous. So bad they actually ditched it with a few games to go.

There weren't many goals to show so half the highlights were of scuffed shots or mishit passes edited together with players doing those silly badge kisses or pointing in a weird way all played over a shitty rock song.

Liked last season's one though, plenty of old highlights working through the last 50 years or so.

5 hours ago, kristian said:

What a team. Probably my favourite season of the second PL era. Great to see a young Prowsey with the free kick talent even back then.  You can really feel the “together as one” vibe throughout here. Hopefully we’ll see camaraderie like that again. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stud mark of doom said:

I think this was on the 89/90 tape I mentioned in the OP. If memory serves, the commentator says something about the tackle being so high it should have needed clearance from air traffic control. 

Which is strange because both Benali's feet remained on the ground the entire time. He was late to the challenge, was leaning over slightly and Fashanu just clattered into him and went over his back. Wasn't that bad a challenge.

This one, on the other hand...

Edited by niceandfriendly