Matchday Parking

miserableoldgit

Anyone wanting to renew their Parking Season tickets may need to see what I have come across on the website:- 

Seasonal Car Parking for 2023/24 is very limited, due to a number of changes within the local area in recent years.

The only available public car park will be at Cemex. Those who currently park in Wilmoths and Cemex will have first priority on this area from June 1 to June 30. Following this, any spare spaces shall then be opened up to those who held parking at other car parks in the 2022/23 season. In the unlikely event any other spaces remain, these shall be opened on general sale from July 3rd

If you held parking during the 2022/23 season, you’ll hear from us directly, letting you know about availability and closures for the 2023/24 season.

However, there are plenty of options locally, which include spaces within Ocean Village, West Quay and Bond Street, as well as a number of alternative options within a 15 minute walk of St. Mary’s Stadium.

"A number of changes..." sounds to me to be code for...... "car parking is a real hassle and makes us bugger all profit so we're winding down as much as possible. We only do it because it was part of the initial planning permission application." But maybe I'm too cynical.

We park in Cemex and have renewed already.  It is not a big car park so I see little chance of others getting tickets I'm afraid. What happened to the large number of spaces at the school over the footbridge? I'd have thought any school would be delighted to have that income.

1 hour ago, Ken Tone said:

"A number of changes..." sounds to me to be code for...... "car parking is a real hassle and makes us bugger all profit so we're winding down as much as possible. We only do it because it was part of the initial planning permission application." But maybe I'm too cynical.

We park in Cemex and have renewed already.  It is not a big car park so I see little chance of others getting tickets I'm afraid. What happened to the large number of spaces at the school over the footbridge? I'd have thought any school would be delighted to have that income.

It does seem strange that the car parks that they have been using have all decided not rent out to the club at the same time....

Where on the site is that? Seems utterly bizarre so hard not to be cynical. One of the car parks is the school and I can't imagine they wouldn't want the income.

Edited by RobM

18 hours ago, RobM said:

Where on the site is that? Seems utterly bizarre so hard not to be cynical. One of the car parks is the school and I can't imagine they wouldn't want the income.

If that's the case, there's nothing stopping the school running it themselves.

• 1 month later...

Further to this, I have again emailed the school and apparently they have been thinking of running parking themselves but they tend not to reply to emails/phone calls. Can anyone recommend somewhere to park reasonably close to the Stadium? Whilst I am not disabled, due to an illness I have difficulty in walking for more that around 10 minutes at a time. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.