Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 29/01/2024 at 14:05, trousers said:

Yeah... you read the thread title correctly... Lady T does indeed have the Falkland Islands on her shortlist for our annual holiday this year.....! 

Anyone been? Any tips etc?

I've done some initial research on getting there.... basically two options..... an RAF flight from Brize Norton (via Ascension Island) or commercial flights via Chile....

Other than that, I've got a blank sheet of paper...

 

 

For the first time in my married life (nearly 35 years and counting!), I managed to get my own way.... and it turns out we're heading for.... Seychelles... yay! :)

Going in about 5 weeks. Any hints, tips, etc from anyone that's been, in particular any day trips to recommend? (nothing too strenuous given we're the wrong side of 55....! ;) )

Edited by trousers
  • trousers changed the title to Holiday tips for.... Seychelles....?
Posted
7 minutes ago, trousers said:

For the first time in my married life (nearly 35 years and counting!), I managed to get my own way.... and it turns out we're heading for.... Seychelles... yay! :)

Going in about 5 weeks. Any hints, tips, etc from anyone that's been, in particular any day trips to recommend? (nothing too strenuous given we're the wrong side of 55....! ;) )

Damn! You’ve reminded me about another place that I’ve always wanted to go to. I’ve got a pile of Virgin Atlantic Flying Miles and a couple of companion vouchers to use but unfortunately they don’t fly there and anyway I lost my lovely companion about this time last year.

I must start investigating again. 

  • trousers changed the title to Transiting through Miami Airport...
Posted (edited)

(Another thread title change!)

I'm travelling to Peru next week, with a 3 hour layover at Miami... Anyone on here have any experience of transiting through Miami Airport from the UK?

I'm led to believe that Miami is one of a few airports in the USA where you don't have to collect your luggage from your inbound flight and re-check them in for the onward flight to one's final destination, as long as both flights are with the same airline (or code-share), which they are, and that our luggage is tagged as "ITI" (International-to-International) when checking in at Heathrow.

However, I'm seeing mixed feedback online as to how reliable this "ITI" system is..

Anyone been there, done it, got the t-shirt etc...?

 

Edited by trousers
Posted

I'm with Whelk, air tag it, and then you can watch it from your destination as it either moves all over the world, visiting more countries than you could visit in a lifetime, or stays in 1 spot for 2 weeks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...