Oasis at the Joiners

I remember going to the Joiners for a midweek gig with my flatmates, to see some band I'd barely heard of, basically because I had nothing better to do that evening. Turned out Radiohead were actually quite good.

That's one I missed sadly. Vaccines there were something else, and the busiest I've ever seen it by a mile. Paul Heaton was immense. Cracking little venue. 

Is Pat still involved?

always been a cracking venue it was on the circuit bands used to do just before they got big so time it right you could see some cracking bands there. 

the Nirvana gig was hilarious though, must have meant dozens of people over the years who claimed to be there. It’s a bit like the Hacienda in Manchester were every Manc claims to have been, I spoke to one this week who was going on about her hacienda days, she was 13 when it shut down FFS

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

Is Pat still involved?

always been a cracking venue it was on the circuit bands used to do just before they got big so time it right you could see some cracking bands there. 

the Nirvana gig was hilarious though, must have meant dozens of people over the years who claimed to be there. It’s a bit like the Hacienda in Manchester were every Manc claims to have been, I spoke to one this week who was going on about her hacienda days, she was 13 when it shut down FFS

He sure is. Sits by the door rather than being on the door since his accident. Top man is Pat. 

I'd have loved to have gone to the hacienda - would have been nice to see where new order's money went. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

Is Pat still involved?

People did use to flock to the Hacienda so if of a certain age many will have been. Used to have great nights out in Manchester although often went to the Band on the Wall

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

People did use to flock to the Hacienda so if of a certain age many will have been. Used to have great nights out in Manchester although often went to the Band on the Wall

Yes I know but as I said she was 13 when it shut, she was making out she was there every week and a veteran of the scene there 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yes I know but as I said she was 13 when it shut, she was making out she was there every week and a veteran of the scene there 

Bit mad to bs when so easy to disprove by age. Like Duck’s WW2 stories.