Communication between JP and RL

alpine_saint

I think they would be pleased .

It was not a laughable offer we paid £1m for him and he played 12 games

Jack Cork may be better

They would be pleased that good performances weren't rewarded or appreciated by the senior management at the club?

1.3 million is laughable for our player of the season. And he played 25 times for us not 12 according to the Echo

They would be pleased that good performances weren't rewarded or appreciated by the senior management at the club?

1.3 million is laughable for our player of the season. And he played 25 times for us not 12 according to the Echo

He played 12 times after we paid £1 million.

It would appear he wanted to leave . There is no way Jan wants this type of player

Unfortunately you do not at times have the mental capacity to see. Go to the squad list to when he arrived and then strip it of over 20 players who wrre failing or on high wages and so had to be got rid of.This was part of GB's remit when RL employed him. Lowe could see we needed to trim the costs but of course you went on a long campaign of getting rid of the financial sense and went big time for the obvious nonsense of the Wilde bunch.

Now after you strip a squad of 20 + players, that leaves holes and so GB had to replace some positions.Now some of those purchases were of players who you whine about not playing now, ironic eh.

Add to his success under those transistional teams of getting us to the playoffs and turning players forgotten in the reserves or said to be no good into multi million pound sales.

I didnt panic when the team had been dismotivated by losing 3 of the star players and was heading for mid table. Only when G&D were appointed as you were warned did we plummet.

So overall he was a success, you may also add the fact in the last week you have been proclaiming how sad it is selling players 1 was bought by GB the other brought into the team by him.

This is blatantly untrue - 3 months before Burley left we were playing awful football, the players were unfit, lacking in confidence and freefall had commenced. Burley was stinking of booze at training according to a lot of people who were there. The guy had bloody lost it and is to blame big time for our predicament. Time you got real.

He played 12 times after we paid £1 million.

It would appear he wanted to leave . There is no way Jan wants this type of player

Garbage. How do you know he wanted to leave? And how do you know JP didn't want him - I doubt he even saw him play. The fee for Davies was a joke and proves how little Lowe knows about football.

Garbage. How do you know he wanted to leave? And how do you know JP didn't want him - I doubt he even saw him play. The fee for Davies was a joke and proves how little Lowe knows about football.

Obviously reasoned argument is beyond you.

JP said he wanted to leave and does not want people like that in his squad you are right he said he had not seen him play.

1.3 M may be a joke to you but do you really think somebody is worth significantly more after 12 games.

I dont really know how that proves that Lowe knows nothing about football.

but if it makes you happy so be it

JP said he wanted to leave and does not want people like that in his squad you are right he said he had not seen him play.

1.3 M may be a joke to you but do you really think somebody is worth significantly more after 12 games.

If we bought a striker for 1million and after 12 games he had scored 36 league goals would it be acceptable to then sell him for 1.3million?

Davies said he sees himself as a PL player. What more convincing do you need?

If we bought a striker for 1million and after 12 games he had scored 36 league goals would it be acceptable to then sell him for 1.3million?

Well that does not seem to fit the Davies Scenario very well as he was CB and that is who I was discussing not some hypothetical striker who appears highly unlikely to exist

Well that does not seem to fit the Davies Scenario very well as he was CB and that is who I was discussing not some hypothetical striker who appears highly unlikely to exist

My point is that i don't think you can simply say 'he only played 12 games, he can't be any more valuable'.

Surely it is the impact someone makes and how valuable he is to US that sets his fee. Boro valued him at 1 million. Doesn't mean he is worth that to us.

My point is that i don't think you can simply say 'he only played 12 games, he can't be any more valuable'.

Surely it is the impact someone makes and how valuable he is to US that sets his fee. Boro valued him at 1 million. Doesn't mean he is worth that to us.

He wanted to go. He was on high wages. We made £300,000 on the deal. Its illegal to nail peoples hands to your bed to stop them leaving.

This thread is a case in point. We received 2 reports from people accusing Alpine of "trolling" and referring to his first post in this thread. Could you please read his first post again and I'm sure you'll agree there's nothing wrong. Theres nothing wrong with what Alpine has posted but as usual this thread decends into a slanging match.

Seems like you are in a small minority here Baj. Didn't you read the responses on this thread or something?

His first match remember that? That was not a nervous man, that was a man who is lacking in many things to become a PL player? Southgate ex England CH obviously saw close up that he was not up to it.

We tok to him as at the time there was no one else to get excited about! (yes that shows how bad it was/is)

He will bomb at Stoke with the rest of them...Fuller and Davies as their spine?? Do me a favour.

Stoke a poor mans Southampton.

His first match remember that? That was not a nervous man, that was a man who is lacking in many things to become a PL player? Southgate ex England CH obviously saw close up that he was not up to it.

We tok to him as at the time there was no one else to get excited about! (yes that shows how bad it was/is)

He will bomb at Stoke with the rest of them...Fuller and Davies as their spine?? Do me a favour.

Stoke a poor mans Southampton.

If you don't mind me saying this post takes the biscuit for hypocrisy. We were very pleased we had Davies last year so much so he was voted player of the season despite playing so few games - so what is the point in slagging him off. Do you remember his performance at Rovers when he played with a facial injury. It was obvious everyone else in the team could n't care tuppence and yet he gave his heart and soul. I am amazed at folk on here who slag down the likes of Davies and Nigel Pearson just because it fits in with the "Lowe can do nothing wrong" argument. Both did alright for us and the very least we should do is afford them some respect.

JP said he wanted to leave?

Handy little throw away line to justify the selling imo.

I doubt whether JP even knew what Davies looked like let alone his thoughts. No sorry, its just a little too convenient to me that "he wanted to leave". More like a typical bit of Lowe spin. Lowe rewrites history very conveniently don't forget.

Andrew Davies played 23 times in the CCC in those games we won only 4 drew 10 and lost 9 including at least 1 5 goal drubbing. Now if you were looking to buy a centre half and tried to value him I doubt those figures would get you all sweaty with excitement.

I dont know if RL understands football or not but I think its fair to say he does know how to get a good price for a footballer.

The fee was undisclosed and so we are not sure what we received.Add to that Davies has just had a knee operation and not at this time fit (we know what knee operations do if they dont heal correctly) Therefore to get money in for a player who may still be out for months is OK business.Now if he had played and was fit I'd understand the fretting but as with Killer we waited and waited and waited for his return and that cost us dear.

We have the money and that keeps us afloat a bit longer.

This is blatantly untrue - 3 months before Burley left we were playing awful football, the players were unfit, lacking in confidence and freefall had commenced. Burley was stinking of booze at training according to a lot of people who were there. The guy had bloody lost it and is to blame big time for our predicament. Time you got real.
A lot of myths that were brought about by disinchanted fans and then blown up.

It would interesting to know who these people were who were there.As we know directors etc do read this board and make it theior business to check. The fitness thing is another nonsense as the players use Pro Zone and that did not show up the evidence you thought you saw.

Are you saying the youngsters are not fit as they have let in 2 late goals in recent games?

As for the last 3 months, the results compare favourably to the period NP was in charge.

JP said he wanted to leave?

Handy little throw away line to justify the selling imo.

I doubt whether JP even knew what Davies looked like let alone his thoughts. No sorry, its just a little too convenient to me that "he wanted to leave". More like a typical bit of Lowe spin. Lowe rewrites history very conveniently don't forget.

imagine you played for Burnley (but a Saints fan)and whilst the fans adored you Fulham came in for you. They offered you the chance of PL football and wages, the so called glamour of being a PL player, and the chance to come back South.

You had that choice or seeing a season of toil and unrest, playing with a lot of kids who were learning the game and already in the bottom 3 and the club looking to ask the higher earners to take a pay cut.

What in your hearts would your choice be.I doubt if all of us were honest we'd want to leave.

That is how I see AD's choice.

but how can he be uncontroversial as you keep telling us he was a drunk. What about McLeish, Irvine, Davis, and there are others

McLeish and co were/are not managers of saints..

your defence of burley is admirable.but you appear to be alone...he was a pony for us...

he failed and ended up failing terribly

Is there a problem ?

We had Saturday's comments about Davies and Sunday's hasty "clarification"

Now there seems to be confusion about Surman's wanted-or-not status.

Has JP got the full picture, or is situation very fluid and he is not being kept in the loop as well as he should be ?

Knowing our chairman as we do, I am somewhat surprised JPs comments to the press are not going over his desk first.

The following MAY not have been made 100% clear to Jan Poortvliet

A) Lowe would be selling off ANY player that could command a transfer fee

B) In particular, Lowe will be concentrating on selling those players brought in by the previous Regime, as they were not "sanctioned" by Lowe .

C) ANY player currently in JP's First Team Squad, could, and would be sold at a minutes notice, should a buyer appear.

D) Players such as Skakel, though no "offers" had materialised, would NOT be allowed in the First Team, but would simply "rot away" whilst still costing us Mega Money In "wages"

E) No QUALITY player(s) would be brought in, because SFC/PLC/Lowe cannot afford it

F) In a few weeks/months time, when we are firmly at the bottom of the CCC, with the "young guns" confidence shattered beyond repair, JP will then be held 100% responsible for the entire situation.

G) It is always best to say absolutely NOTHING, as invariably, it will conflict with Lowe

H) Jan, if you are any good with "Double Dutch", now is the time ..........

I) Have a nice day .....

But we paid the fee that Boro requested therefore we believed he was worth that to us as Stoke believe he is worth 1.3m to them and by our selling etc....

But we paid the fee that Boro requested therefore we believed he was worth that to us as Stoke believe he is worth 1.3m to them and by our selling etc....

I don't give a monkeys what stoke believe he is worth. Look at the Barry situation at Villa. They believe he is worth 18 million to them. That may not be his actual value (probably nearer to 10-12 million, but they value him as an integral part of their squad, so that's the value they put on him. Liverpool either pay it or they won't get him.

I understand we are skint, but we should be persuading the bank that selling our best young players is not a solution to getting out of our financial troubles. Salz and Crouch were able to do this, so why can't Lowe? Because he doesn't want to. He wants us to sell everything in sight and rely on a squad of 20 or so youngsters. THAT WILL NOT HELP OUR FINANCES IN THE LONG RUN. It will end in relegation, and even if it doesn't, it certainly won't end in promotion. And the only way we will sort this financial mess out is if we are either taken over or we get promotion

I don't give a monkeys what stoke believe he is worth. Look at the Barry situation at Villa. They believe he is worth 18 million to them. That may not be his actual value (probably nearer to 10-12 million, but they value him as an integral part of their squad, so that's the value they put on him. Liverpool either pay it or they won't get him.

I understand we are skint, but we should be persuading the bank that selling our best young players is not a solution to getting out of our financial troubles. Salz and Crouch were able to do this, so why can't Lowe? Because he doesn't want to. He wants us to sell everything in sight and rely on a squad of 20 or so youngsters. THAT WILL NOT HELP OUR FINANCES IN THE LONG RUN. It will end in relegation, and even if it doesn't, it certainly won't end in promotion. And the only way we will sort this financial mess out is if we are either taken over or we get promotion

wow

you put a huge valuation on a heavily injury prone player who has played about 20 games or so...