Rugby League

Hatch

Turned off the Hampshire game to watch the Wakefield/Bradford game. Not sure who were worse, Hants or Wakey!!

If Wakefield were worse than Hants then without knowing I'd guess the score was something like 38-6 to Bradford !?

( Don't have Sky Sports :( )

Formula 1 **** OFF!

This is the second time running where the Cup matches clash with F1 hence the BBC are again only showing 2 (Leeds v Wigan & Bradford v Warrington) Rugby League Cup matches instead of the normal 3 :( You just know St Helens would have been the 3rd ;)

Formula 1 **** OFF!

This is the second time running where the Cup matches clash with F1 hence the BBC are again only showing 2 (Leeds v Wigan & Bradford v Warrington) Rugby League Cup matches instead of the normal 3 :( You just know St Helens would have been the 3rd ;)

No, they only ever show 2 TBH! Who wants to see St Helens win 198-0 anyway :smt102

Formula 1 **** OFF!

More jobs at St. Mary's matey, (if you're still looking that is).

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/Recruitment/0,,10280~1640854,00.html

Quins fan here - let me know if you ever get along to the Stoop. Always good to meet a fellow Saints fan and RL really is a great sport to watch, especially in the summer. The tragic Rob Purdham family news means Sunday's game vs Crusaders could be very subdued..

Wow!! What a second half fight-back. Most unexpected after a first half where Meli ran riot. One hit by O'Meley on Roby that left the latter pretty much unconscious, changed the whole balance of the game.

BTW the minute silence for Gary Purdham was impeccably observed!

Edited by krissyboy31

Wow!! What a second half fight-back. Most unexpected after a first half where Meli ran riot. One hit by O'Meley on Roby that left the latter pretty much unconscious, changed the whole balance of the game.

BTW the minute silence for Gary Purdham was impeccably observed!

Obviously from my view, what a load of old sh!t

Quins fan here - let me know if you ever get along to the Stoop. Always good to meet a fellow Saints fan and RL really is a great sport to watch, especially in the summer. The tragic Rob Purdham family news means Sunday's game vs Crusaders could be very subdued..

Hello mate, I'm thinking of going down for the double header tomorrow. £15 is a bargain!

Did anybody record or Sky+ the England, France game yesterday? My step-son was one of the mascots albeit walking out with the French and our Sky+ failed (the missus set it up because I wasn't around this weekend) and the re-transmission only showed the highlights and didn't show the teams coming out or the anthems. Both the nipper and the missus are gutted, so if anyone has it 'taped' could you please PM me. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Bulls sack Steve Mcnamara

Not really a surprise, after the run they've been on. They should have negotiated his release as soon as he became England manager IMO. Nice guy though, stood next to him at an under 8's game in Hull, a few weeks ago. His son was playing.

Come on the Cherry and Whites :D

Lump your money on Wigan for Friday night, Chris. Hull will be struggling to field a team. Already without Long, Fitzgibbon and O'Meley, Tickle's out suspended after the mass brawl against Rovers and Whiting and Calderwood have been ruled out for the rest of the season.

Lump your money on Wigan for Friday night, Chris. Hull will be struggling to field a team. Already without Long, Fitzgibbon and O'Meley, Tickle's out suspended after the mass brawl against Rovers and Whiting and Calderwood have been ruled out for the rest of the season.

good shout. 46-0 and a £120 profit

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry, I was on ! RL can be a great source of bets. My biggest ever bet was £500 against Wigan in the Handicap market v Bradford Challenge Cup 2003. Wigan were decimated by injuries and though I wanted them to win they really had no chance so I thought I might as well profit from it !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Almost down to the last 4 and no surprise to see Leeds, Saints and Wigan through and Warrington or Huddersfield joining them. Saints and Leeds will have home advantage next week with Saints chosing Wigan or Warrington/Huddersfield as their opponents. Don't think it will make a great deal of difference though I have a sneaky feeling Saints might swerve Wigan ! I'm with the bookies who have it very tight, Saints at around 2/1, Wigan 11/4 and Leeds similarly priced though Bet365 go 100/30 Leeds. Losing Danny McGuire is another big blow for them. Warrington are around 4/1 but still need to beat the Giants tonight, could be a bruising game. Should be an exciting 2 weeks :)

If i had any money I'd got for a Saints - Wigan final

I agree. Saints should prove too good for Huddersfield though I hope for and expect another bruising game. Leeds pipped Wigan in the Challenge Cup and then by 1 point last week in a frantic finish. Wigan have been the most consistent side all season, I think they'll beat Leeds this time- just !

bad news,

terry Newton , , found hanged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11414736

That is sad news. He had his problems on and off the pitch which were well reported but he was an excellent player. Sadly he seemed to have a self destruct button which ended in him being banned from Rugby League. The recent death of his sister may have been the final straw. RIP.