Alexander Ostlund finds new club .

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Comment about Esbjerg on Wiki:

The club is known to apply a very attacking style of play, and are generally unwilling to compromise their style of play with their ambitions in the league. This can be seen in their league results, as the club usually is the most scoring team in the league, and as a result of this, also one of the teams that concede the most goals.

Should suit Ostlund just fine!

Comment about Esbjerg on Wiki:

The club is known to apply a very attacking style of play, and are generally unwilling to compromise their style of play with their ambitions in the league. This can be seen in their league results, as the club usually is the most scoring team in the league, and as a result of this, also one of the teams that concede the most goals.

Should suit Ostlund just fine!

Correct, he was always good going forward, just a bad defender with some very comical headers.

Thought he got a raw deal here to be honest. To be a former International right back and get left out in favour of an out of position fat useless slow midfielder in Jermaine Wright. Jesus always gave 100% and was not the defensive liability he was made out to be. Having said al that, his injury record over the past year was diabolical and we were patying him a lot to do **** all so he really didn;t deserve to have his contract renewed. Good luck to the guy though.

If you want to have a pop about him though - compare his attitude to the game and SFC to the attitude of our two resident handbag theives.

Thought he got a raw deal here to be honest. To be a former International right back and get left out in favour of an out of position fat useless slow midfielder in Jermaine Wright. Jesus always gave 100% and was not the defensive liability he was made out to be. Having said al that, his injury record over the past year was diabolical and we were patying him a lot to do **** all so he really didn;t deserve to have his contract renewed. Good luck to the guy though.

If you want to have a pop about him though - compare his attitude to the game and SFC to the attitude of our two resident handbag theives.

Except that the out of position fat useless slow midfielder was far more reliable and consistent at right-back than Ostlund was (although I agree that he was useless in midfield).

We signed Ostlund when we were at a low ebb after relegation and a poor first season in the Championship and because he went flying in to a few tackles in his first game and looked like Jesus the fans loved him.

He was hopeless and the fact that the best club he can get even on a free transfer is in Denmark backs that up.

Ostlunds possitional sense may have been a bit off, but he was actually solid enough defensively. I can only think of one goal he was ever at fault for, against Barnsley 2 years ago when he was playing a striker onside. Wright on the other hand was responsible for knocking on double figures I think, so I don't get where this myth that he was always more reliable comes from.

That said, they were both top pro's and I wish both well for their new clubs... just not this weekend.