Has player ever started midfield, forward and CB

NickG

yea but its one thing a winger playing either side etc but must be pretty unusual for player to start games - only 5 games gone, as fairly deep central midfield, CB and forward -not just swapping during game

Yep it is. Unlikely many have done this over such a short period. Shows what quality he has. If we don't get promotion this season I don't see him staying long as he is far too good for the Championship.

Kenwyne Jones joined us as a centre half, made his debut as a right winger (at Brum and was awful) and made a name for himself up front.

Also, I'm pretty sure Wright played in every possition except striker and goalkeeper. Not sure about centre half though.

Rudi? Im pretty sure he was played "in the hole" behind Rasiak for 1 game...

Yep, I believe it was a midweek game against Wednesday. IIRC he took the ball past 2 defenders, before scoring after 3 minutes, only to have it (rightly) disallowed for handball.

Tessem is also correct, what about Euell? I remember him playing in defence against Bury in the cup, although he didn't start.

Not one of our players (though I have been racking my brains :-)) but Steve Watson used to play all over for Newcastle. Principally a right back, he was also utilised in midfield and in emergencies as a striker too.

Darren Purse likewise, although he's now settled as a defender.

It may just be faded memory but I think Alan Neilson used to play in different positions for us...

Rory Delap

Primarily a midfielder, played up front when we beat Liverpool in the relegation season and was used as a RB thereafter.

The game that Prutton scored in? I dont remeber him being up front 9mind you, my mind if all over the place)