Championship prize money

BadgerBadger

Pretty sure there is no prize money for league position. That's a Premier League thing. Second place may warrant something, not sure. The champions get something of course. Eighty odd million.

We'd get more for winning the play-offs. >>

Pretty sure there is no prize money for league position. That's a Premier League thing. Second place may warrant something, not sure. The champions get something of course. Eighty odd million.

I'd be shocked to the core if that's the case, would've though all pro leagues have some element of financial reward for final placings

I'd be shocked to the core if that's the case, would've though all pro leagues have some element of financial reward for final placings

Didn't happen before 1992. Not entirely sure that finishing eighth in a league is worth any reward to be honest. But anyway if it is on FM then must be one I guess.

If there is one its going to be piddly from halfway on down. Wolves are only getting £750k from a billion pound league. What do you think Millwall and Palace are fighting over?

I think Reading will be lucky to trouser 100k meaning we'd get fifty odd. I bet fifteenth gets jack.

Edited by CB Fry

I would thought you get very little if any seeing as the TV money is a fraction of the Prem and has to be spread right down the the 3 divisions. And if you are off to the land of plenty, do you really need some pocket money for the journey?

Be interesting to know if the remains of the parachute payment from the Prem on relegation stays in the League if a team promoted back into it during the 4 years the payment now covers still stays behind.

I would thought you get very little if any seeing as the TV money is a fraction of the Prem and has to be spread right down the the 3 divisions. And if you are off to the land of plenty, do you really need some pocket money for the journey?

Be interesting to know if the remains of the parachute payment from the Prem on relegation stays in the League if a team promoted back into it during the 4 years the payment now covers still stays behind.

There is something in the League rules about every club stumping up money to guarantee parachute payments for those teams relegated to League 1 and yes, that includes our fishy friends down the road. There's money to be had from the playoffs and also traditionally the two clubs in the Wembley final make an agreement that the losing team will take all the profits from the final itself.

Blimey-I find that shocking, so much money in the game and all that - Prems where's it's at I guess

At first I thought the same, but if you actually think about it where is the football league supposed to get hundreds of thousands of pounds from to give huge rewards?