This years training kit

SFC4ever

I went into the store today to get some bits of the training kit and they didn't have a lot of stock left so I asked if they would get anymore in and I was told that was it for this season. I think its a bit bad that we have only just gone past Christmas and have run out of it already with no more at all coming in. They are quick enough to release 'the winter range' to encourage people to buy more of it but they need to actually have enough stock. With the quick turnaround at the beginning of the season, surely the designs are all there and they could see that they were running out before Christmas, they could of ordered some more stock in ready for January. Ive actually been very impressed with it this year and find it very smart and different but just wish they had enough stock that I could actually get what I want. For example, the jog pants are one of the biggest sellers and someone told me that was the one thing they had hardly any stock.

On that note, if anyone has a large pair of the jog pants, fairly new they can get their hands on, I would be very interested to know. If anyone does, if they could comment and I will leave my email address.

On that note, if anyone has a large pair of the jog pants, fairly new they can get their hands on, I would be very interested to know. If anyone does, if they could comment and I will leave my email address.

Accidental Partridge?

To be fair we do seem to shoot ourselves in the foot with lack of stock sometimes, the Christmas jumpers sold out of sensible sizes pretty early this year, as the gnomes always do whenever they're on sale - it's all lost revenue. (That said, I'd imagine it's probably some marketing/hype strategy I'm naive to; I'm sure Saints have us exactly where they want us!)

Hard to believe the same happening at the other Champions League chasing clubs...

But in all seriousness, it was the same last year and its odd. Easy money for the club but they obviously don't need it that much.

Well apparently it was the opposite, they ordered too much and had stuff left over so they ordered less this year and now its sold quicker. The thing is with last year, yes it was nice but it was no different to a lot of clubs which is why it didn't sell as well...I have to admit, I hope we go with our own brand again next year, yes people have said about the quality of the shirts but if they can make sure they get it right, I like the fact we do our own as its different and it means the money goes right back into the club. I do think though they could of brought the costs down a bit this year because last year, adidas price it so they get a nice profit but I somehow doubt that a bench jacket costs £90 to make so I do think they could of priced it down a bit.

Must make history tomorrow as a PL club wearing a shirt in a PL game that isn't even available to buy!

Also, did Sunderland not wear red and white versus Newcastle this season?

Edit: Yes they did.

Pretty sure the yellow kit we had a few years ago wasn't available to buy, first season up.

Well apparently it was the opposite, they ordered too much and had stuff left over so they ordered less this year and now its sold quicker. The thing is with last year, yes it was nice but it was no different to a lot of clubs which is why it didn't sell as well...I have to admit, I hope we go with our own brand again next year, yes people have said about the quality of the shirts but if they can make sure they get it right, I like the fact we do our own as its different and it means the money goes right back into the club. I do think though they could of brought the costs down a bit this year because last year, adidas price it so they get a nice profit but I somehow doubt that a bench jacket costs £90 to make so I do think they could of priced it down a bit.

I'm not sure that year's stock problem wasn't that they ordered too much, it have been the case that the navy/fluorescent stuff wasn't released until after Xmas, which would have had a massive impact on sales. They ran out of the white/black stuff pretty quickly.

Must make history tomorrow as a PL club wearing a shirt in a PL game that isn't even available to buy!

Also, did Sunderland not wear red and white versus Newcastle this season?

Edit: Yes they did.

So ill-informed. Sunderland themselves have already worn all white against Palace this season that you can't buy. Sheffield Wednesday wore 4 different kits in one season circa 1997, they weren't selling them all.

We also played the whole of the 2005/6 season wearing a yellow away shirt you couldn't buy, plus a bunch of other kit that hasn't been on sale (that I've listed on here at least twice before).

Finally, never mind Sunderland playing in red, Saints v Newcastle at St Mary's saw both teams in their home kits.

Edited by The9

All the new adidas gear is arriving around March, maybe stock is just being run down and the new stuff put on sale early. Being 'own label' I guess they're not committed to selling it until end of season.

How do you know we are going with Adidas? It hasn't been confirmed yet

So ill-informed. Sunderland themselves have already worn all white against Palace this season that you can't buy. Sheffield Wednesday wore 4 different kits in one season circa 1997, they weren't selling them all.

We also played the whole of the 2005/6 season wearing a yellow away shirt you couldn't buy, plus a bunch of other kit that hasn't been on sale (that I've listed on here at least twice before).

Finally, never mind Sunderland playing in red, Saints v Newcastle at St Mary's saw both teams in their home kits.

Our yellow kit was 2006/07. I have a spare one and am open to offers ;-)