Disiplinary punishments in Europa league ?

david in sweden

....does anyone know the ruling for yellow / red card warnings in Europa League matches ?

I thought the ref. was quite good, but he still handed out half-a-dozen yellow cards......

Is it a suspension after two cards, or a points system before being banned? (I noted West Ham have had 3 red cards - so far .....)

....does anyone know the ruling for yellow / red card warnings in Europa League matches ?

I thought the ref. was quite good, but he still handed out half-a-dozen yellow cards......

Is it a suspension after two cards, or a points system before being banned? (I noted West Ham have had 3 red cards - so far .....)

3 reds in 3 ties after qualifying via the fair play route. Are they trying to make some kind of ironic point?

As for original query was wondering the same

Extract from UEFA Regulations (this is from last season but doubt they will have changed significantly)

Article 22Yellow and red cards

22.01 As a rule, a player who is sent off the field of play is suspended for the nextmatch in a UEFA club competition. The Control and Disciplinary Body isentitled to augment this punishment. For serious offences the punishment canbe extended to all UEFA competition categories.

22.02 In case of repeated cautions:a) before the group stage, a player is suspended for the next competitionmatch after three cautions in three different matches, as well as after thefifth caution;b) from the first match in the group stage, a player is suspended for the nextcompetition match after three cautions in three different matches, as wellas following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth,etc.).

22.03 Single yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forwardeither to the next stage of the competition or to another club competition in thecurrent season.

22.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire oncompletion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage.

22.05 Cautions and pending yellow-card suspensions from club competitionmatches expire at the end of the season.

22.03 Single yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forwardeither to the next stage of the competition or to another club competition in thecurrent season.

Wait, what? So if a player gets 4 yellow cards and we get knocked out it'll get added to their prem total?

Wait, what? So if a player gets 4 yellow cards and we get knocked out it'll get added to their prem total?

Mmm....thanks Vectis, but I agree Saint_clark

carried forward to another club competition could mean another cup; Capital Cup / or / FA Cup..but can the Premier League really be described as "a club competition"?

Mmm....thanks Vectis, but I agree Saint_clark

carried forward to another club competition could mean another cup; Capital Cup / or / FA Cup..but can the Premier League really be described as "a club competition"?

Don't know how else you would describe the pl. Thinking more it can only refer to uefa club comps.